Prophet
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Dec 26, 2017
Niagara, Ontario. Canada
deadhaussonata.com
Hi Everyone,

We are getting ready to roll the demo out to everyone here this week!

First off - thank you so much for participating. Together we can make Deadhaus Sonata an awesome game!

Feel free to post anything you want here in this forum. Likes, dislikes, features, bugs, wishlists, questions, anything really. It will be a goal to get feedback from these forums in as many updates as possible. The demo will be updated every week (usually Friday or Saturday).

We are looking forward to hearing the feedback and hope everyone likes the demo.

Please keep in that this is a combat demo only and still really early in development and not representative of the final game.

Thank you!
Denis

Hi Everyone,

We are getting ready to roll the demo out to everyone here this week!

First off - thank you so much for participating. Together we can make Deadhaus Sonata an awesome game!

Feel free to post anything you want here in this forum. Likes, dislikes, features, bugs, wishlists, questions, anything really. It will be a goal to get feedback from these forums in as many updates as possible. The demo will be updated every week (usually Friday or Saturday).

We are looking forward to hearing the feedback and hope everyone likes the demo.

Please keep in that this is a combat demo only and still really early in development and not representative of the final game.

Thank you!
Denis
maybe make different sub-sections for Likes, dislikes, features, bugs, wishlists, questions and others as needed.

maybe make different sub-sections for Likes, dislikes, features, bugs, wishlists, questions and others as needed.
I agree with this, being able to sort out likes and dislikes would help determine what if anything everyone universally likes or dislikes. And a seperate Bugs section would help identifying what bugs there are and what actions we take to cause them.

Reactions: Temuldjin
Thanks for the suggestion. I added a bugs Forum under this one so people can post specifically bugs, I think, for now, all suggestions, likes, dislikes, and everything can easily go here for now. It is likely many people may not use this as much a the main thread as sometimes it is not always easy to tell if something is a bug or not.

You can find it here :)

1649071889347.png

Last edited:
It would personally help me in giving feedback to know what is definitely a placeholder. Not for very onbjective reasons but because I keep thinking "Of course they know that already, no need to point that out"
To use a very obvious example we already know there are supposed to be more classes so I don't need to say "The game should have more than just a vampire" :D

It would personally help me in giving feedback to know what is definitely a placeholder. Not for very onbjective reasons but because I keep thinking "Of course they know that already, no need to point that out"
To use a very obvious example we already know there are supposed to be more classes so I don't need to say "The game should have more than just a vampire"
Please never assume anything, always best to assume nothing, and just give your comments. All comments will be welcome, positive or negative. Just post away giving as much feedback as you can.

Thank you!

Understood. Please then excuse me for the eye rolling that I'll induce inthe future :D

BUG : cant download the game
tried to download it a few times ... but it seems that it doesnt work without a key

please fix asap ! ;P

BUG : cant download the game
tried to download it a few times ... but it seems that it doesnt work without a key

please fix asap ! ;P
Thanks for your feedback @Conker we are working on this ;)

Had a good few rounds of the Bloodbath Demo, really like it though the controls felt a bit delayed for me, though that could be entirely on my computer.
But good and bad things so far.
Good.
I'm loving the blood and have already made an attempt at covering as much of the floor in blood as I can.
Being a relentless force when attacking is fun and definitely makes me feel like a force of the unnatural.
I noticed health drains naturally over time, which I at first was confused by but then realized it does emphasize that the Vampire must consume the life of others to survive even outside of combat.
Bad.
Everything I do feels like I must commit fully to the action and follow it through, while it seems like the 'e' dodge lacks a bit of range.
Now a few screenshots I took, I found out you can still move during the cutscene and tried to take some good pictures with the werebat.
20220405162431_1.jpg20220405163558_1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Denis Dyack
First off I want to say being able to just sit down and play this after being a part of this community is amazing. The demo itself seemed to start up a little rough but smoothed out within seconds so there isnt a real issue there it seems. Definitely could have been a thing on my end.

The Tarot video was awesome.

I havent done much in terms of searching for bugs...but a few things imo that might feel/look better:

- Using the mace seems to have a frame or two of missing animation when holding the attack button. Zorin seems to "snap back" into place when starting the combo over again. When letting go of the attack after the third hit he naturally moves back down into a starting stance.

- In regards to the Mace combo it would be nice to move around just like with your normal attack.

- Im not a fan of the targeting system and would maybe prefer for a hot key to lock on to the closest enemy instead.

- Exsanguinate feels nice to pull off but without targeting the enemy needs to be in front of you. So for example if you are running around to get away hitting the attack does nothing and breaks the flow of movement. You have to stop running then face the enemy to pull of the attack. Becomes more of a problem when you have multiple enemies.

Thats all I have at the moment. Im loving this so much glad to be a part of it!

• Informative
Reactions: Denis Dyack
- Im not a fan of the targeting system and would maybe prefer for a hot key to lock on to the closest enemy instead.
Middle mouse button or space key for locking on (otherwise it default to auto) :) Hit esc to see the keymap :)

Glad so far things seem positive. There is still a long way to go till launch :)

Middle mouse button or space key for locking on (otherwise it default to auto) :) Hit esc to see the keymap :)

Glad so far things seem positive. There is still a long way to go till launch :)
Well shoot haha thats my bad. I do like that.

The other targeting still seems odd...but I could see it in an instance of probably precision targeting spells like fire balls to hit switches. Its clunky though and it really hates if you are near walls.

so far combat mechanics been easy to figure out and pretty cool, got couple animations where his ankle does this weird broken thing, and I would assume for now the arena is only location, not seeing any jump key, not sure if missing it or not, the feed is nice visual, also I assume on beta adjusting graphics and all will not be present least for now as it is testing phase. I am getting 144 fps on it tho so impressive with level of texture detailing, even my arthritis doesn't complain too much on control patterns set up which is bonus^^ may want to add an exit option for flythrough to as I had to exit it by control alt delete

Some thoughts on gameplay after a bit less than an hour of gameplay:
Greats:
- Love going all out on enemies, the fact that you take an enemy out in two to three seconds at full bloodlust is awesome.
- I love the fact that enemies call out to you, it really makes it easy to locate them and exterminate them!
Goods:
- The autotargetting usually gets the enemies you want to target, and otherwise, you can get them where you want them without much trouble, but the fact that exsanguinate seems to work on the field of view of the vampire when you tap it is annoying when you are runningmaking a strategic retreat.
Bads:
- I have already lost count of the amount of times where my 'tap' of the spacebar was just a bit too long and I kicked myself into the Magickal realm, instead of just dodging (no I am not salty about the awesome music getting cut off, what are you talking about!?). I would appreciate it if the dodge could either be a seperate key, or the timing would not be as punishing, since now it feels as though I am getting punished by losing all bloodlust for dodging, and the enemy usually ends up hitting me since I am still where I was dodging from.
- No, that's about it for now!

EDIT: Actually, if you chain the animation set for the mace together, you loose the heat haze, which looks a bit weird.

Now I need a spectral werebat

Attachments

• VampireBat.png
    VampireBat.png
    993 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Temuldjin
Something that I just now noticed on the pause screen:
Exsanguinate is on the wrong key here, and E has nothing attached to it.
1649196811618.png

Reactions: Purple Gryphon