Howdy, had a chance to play the current iteration last night a bit. Gotta say it felt pretty good for an early batch.
Loved the telekinesis ragdolling. Note that some enemies do get stuck on/behind terrain after being tossed like hackeysacks.
One thing that comes to mind for me that I didn't see mentioned 13 times already by everyone else is that sometimes the blood spatter decals on the terrain pop in.
I agree with other folks that the mace needs a bit of TLC to it, maybe a slower step forward during the attack (compared to sword) so the attack arc has an easier time hitting the enemies, who love keeping their distance (understandably).
Another thing is that after being in there for a while (10-15 waves maybe), it seems like Zorin's feet get possessed and won't stop moving when the rest of him does. He has happy feet. :unsure:
As far as other potential improvements goes, for the enemy AI (and I'm sure y'all were already planning on doing something like this) you might try having one rarely decide to lose his composure and go for an all out assault against you, sprinting toward you, swinging wildly, and yelling. That would make for some nice variety in pacing. After attacking wildly for about 10-20 seconds he can calm down and act normal again (if he's still alive💀). You might also be able to cancel his fervor by slamming him with telekinesis.
One other thing that I'm not sure if I saw or just imagined, dented armor? Armor being torn off by the force of our blows is very cool and I'm glad that already got added in, but did I imagine it when I briefly glimpsed one soldier's helmet get caved in on one side from a blow during my combos? If not in already, I hope that's still planned.
It doesn't run stupendously well right now, I'm mostly getting some very minor tremors/stutters, but I expect the optimization will be coming down the line later on.
I think I gave my specs somewhere else a while ago, but here, for y'all's notes:
Gfx card - GTX Zotac AMP EXTREME! 1080 ti 11gb
Mobo - ASUS PRIME Z370-A
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Royal 40 GB DDR4-2133 CL19 Memory (weird numbers here, I know, as far as I can tell they don't make these anymore)
Monitor - LG ULTRAWIDE 34" (only a 60hz refresh rate, so I'm locked to 60fps at best🥺, planning on upgrading here sometime soon)

• Useful
Reactions: Temuldjin
Another thing is that after being in there for a while (10-15 waves maybe), it seems like Zorin's feet get possessed and won't stop moving when the rest of him does. He has happy feet.
I have also noticed this as well.
One other thing that I'm not sure if I saw or just imagined, dented armor? Armor being torn off by the force of our blows is very cool and I'm glad that already got added in, but did I imagine it when I briefly glimpsed one soldier's helmet get caved in on one side from a blow during my combos? If not in already, I hope that's still planned.
It is there - took me a couple of tries but I got a good screen shot.
Dented helmet.png

• Useful
Reactions: Temuldjin and Meta
I did come across a potential problem with the telekinesis - when you have enough blood lust to dash attack and you toss enemies up into the air I was able to teleport attack them 40 ft up in the air landing out of bounds or even on the top ledge - def fun to explore but I did manage to fall off the face of the earth again.
Suggestion - invisible walls that surround the area to prevent out of bounds.

• Informative
Suggestion: can we have an idle screen where a spirit comes out and sweeps the blood?? that would be awesome. As Faceless also said maybe animated loading screen

One point of criticism I had no idea that holding a button down had any effect till I clicked on the new video on telekinesis, might want to make this more apparent...before I realized this I was rather underwhelmed with the power level of the vampire and I am sure once this test goes public this mistake will only become more exasperated.

Last edited:
One point of criticism I had no idea that holding a button down had any effect till I clicked on the new video on telekinesis, might want to make this more apparent...before I realized this I was rather underwhelmed with the power level of the vampire and I am sure once this test goes public this mistake will only become more exasperated.
A clarification / better explanation that some abilities, and which can or cannot be charged up might be in order, yes :)

Reactions: Denis Dyack

A clarification / better explanation that some abilities, and which can or cannot be charged up might be in order, yes :)
Yes, that is why we put the video in there. Even some Apocalypse people didn't realize there were two modes to most skills.

Thank you. This is great feedback, we will work on how to better explain and convey this to the gamers. Probably videos previews at the Tarot Table (this is coming in the demo). With the number of skills (Major Tarots) and specializations (Minor Tarots), there are enormous amounts of combinations, so this will likely be welcome information.

Yes, that is why we put the video in there. Even some Apocalypse people didn't realize there were two modes to most skills.

Thank you. This is great feedback, we will work on how to better explain and convey this to the gamers. Probably videos previews at the Tarot Table (this is coming in the demo). With the number of skills (Major Tarots) and specializations (Minor Tarots), there are enormous amounts of combinations, so this will likely be welcome information.
Good to know :)

I am sure the deck interface will be most helpful when people are choosing their Tarots, as you will be able to read the skills' descriptions, their functioning, and that of any upgrade they may have. As well as a few extra interesting things. :)

• Agree
This is why I suggested adding in something like a toggleable charge / effect bar when using exsanguinate to show how many enemies would be affected by it.

Since Denis suggested I post this comment here, I'll just do that.

I really enjoyed the combat from patch 0.1.6 do to do absurd " Lifesteal " % we had in that patch, you pretty much felt indestructible as long as you had a high blood rune count going no matter the amount of enemies.

Therefor I suggest that 1 of the minor upgrades in the Dance Macabre Tarot Card Skill Tree would be an enchanted version of the lifesteal effect. ( this could of cause also be added to a different Tarot Card )

• Winner
This is why I suggested adding in something like a toggleable charge / effect bar when using exsanguinate to show how many enemies would be affected by it.
Good quality of life suggestion - thank you!

• Agree
Good quality of life suggestion - thank you!
This one just popped into my head so I thought I should add it.

UI Feature
- For Exsanguinate add a bar, dots, or some form of gauge/indicator that you could toggle on/off to help tell players how many enemies they could draw blood from.

some quick MS Paint examples! cause my art skills are 2000%
View attachment 1056
from my other post for ideas for the feature. doesn't have to be extravagant and should have the ability to be disabled. after you get used to something you usually don't need a visual que as it become habit.

This post was originally posted in the Patch 0.1.7 topic but it's a much better fit here, in the overall demo talk topic, than in a outdated patch topic.

Suggestions:

1: With the out of bounds being very easy to achieve right/the ability to drop enemies out of bounds so you can no longer kill them, I would like to suggest that you guys add a " Restart " option in the Menu, instead of us having to exit and then re-open the demo.

2: The ability to alter the volume levels of the chanting we activate with Bloodlust in a Options Menu while the game is paused. ( Some people would want it higher than it is now, other would rather play without it and some would think this level is just right ) therefor I suggest the players themselves being able to alter the Sound Levels for a more personal customisation.

3: Being able to listen to the video's/radio play while playing around in the Combat Demo.

4: Can we get a Voice Chat Channel on the Deadhaus Discord for Testing the Demo Combat Room?

Last edited:
  • Informative
4: Can we get a Voice Chat Channel on the Deadhaus Discord for Testing the Demo Combat Room?
Yes. I can add that now.

This is now added and should be populated with everyone with the blood-bath badge soon!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Yes. I can add that now.
Sweet, thanks! This can make everything, just from it being easier to coordinate and flesh out idea's topic about the demo all the way to making sure that no one who haven't signed the NDA could hear any of said discussion.

And as an added bonus it might just make the testers a little more active which would result in more feedback :)

This Skelly Boi have got to be a Eternal Darkness Easter Egg! ( The way his chest is highlighted and if you swing your sword at him the highlight change to his skull ) the way the " Highlight " of the chest/head really reminds me of the targeting system in Eternal Darkness.

Attachments

• Eternal Darkness Easter Egg.jpg
    Eternal Darkness Easter Egg.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 6
I would kind of like the telekinesis to be directional based or it to at least be an option in the tarot tree, I like throwing enemies straight up as much as the next guy but, it would also be interesting to just throw one guy into the rest of his cohorts kind of like bowling.

• Agree
I would kind of like the telekinesis to be directional based or it to at least be an option in the tarot tree, I like throwing enemies straight up as much as the next guy but, it would also be interesting to just throw one guy into the rest of his cohorts kind of like bowling.
Or, crash them hard down or in to walls etc*

• Useful
Reactions: Lord Scara