Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019
Hey everyone,

Most of us by now are aware of the countdown going on in Deadhaus Sonata's social medias. As well as the countdown available on the website's main page. The devs have informed us that they intend to reveal the new art direction the game is gonna go through, but I believe they might have some more content to show than just that, and I believe the countdown images being released also carry with them concealed meanings.

Let's take a look at them.

13.jpg
Superficially, here we have the Deadhaus mark, the triangle that represents the Trinary Archetype System, and likely more elements that we are yet to know. However, in the background we also have another blurred image, still to be identified.

12.jpg
Here we have Deadhaus' "Official Wordmark", and in the background another blurred image.
I believe this is a portion of the image shown for a few seconds on the sneaky stream of September 15th:

Potential 12.jpg
The light at the top of the monument matches that of the blurred image. The blurred image is a cropped/zoomed in version of this concept art.

11.jpg
Here we have four main elements. Deadhaus' "Offical Logo" is the symbol, together with the Wordmark. But we also have a statue in the background and three distinctly-colored orbs that much resemble Vitality, Magick and Essence meters.

Could it be that those will be the representations of our character's meters, similarly to Diablo and Path of Exile? Or could these represent the three attributes as their own individual elements, separate from the interface and characters?

10.jpg
Here we have a blurred image that I believe I recognized from the same test stream of September 15th:

Potential 10.jpg
That indicates the other blurred images might all be a part of the images shown in the background and to FacelessMike on stream, and maybe more yet unrevealed to anyone.

9.jpg
This one I do not recognize, but the green and red colors suggest to me that this might be the blurred image of the "bloody woman" that Faceless saw on the same stream.

8.jpg
This one is not a blurred image, but seem to be that of a prototype version of the Tarot system in the making. It could be a placeholder being used to try out the system, in whatever form it currently finds itself in.

For instance, today in the "Deadhaus Dark Direction Pre-stream", Denis has mentioned together with Jack that they should be able to reveal the Tarot system in October. Octo comes from Eight... I must be looking too deep into it.
Upon seeing this, I wondered whether the numbers also don't indicate the sequence of things they will be showing us, on subsequent streams.

7.jpg
This one I did not recognize from the stream of the 15th, but looked like something else instead. Memento Mori.

Potential 7.jpg
I might be way wrong here, but the blurred image looked like a colored version of the Ruins of Sigstrand, with a few differences. Maybe a reworked version of the scenery. Through the blur, you can tell there are holes between the structures, whatever they are. It could be an entirely different location, but this is the closest link I've thought of.

I have not been able to form a clear picture on whether or not there is a hidden meaning behind them, but my first theory was that the numbers and the images form a sequence, and that sequence is related to the content of each subsequent stream, but we are yet to see the rest.

As they publish more images, I will update them here.
Do you have your own theories you'd like to share?

6.jpg

I was wondering when this would show up. :)
This, I believe, is the Vampire. Could be another kind of Undead, though. Sitting on a throne, with a crown of some sort on top and something Goldish on his hand. I wonder what that is. Behind the throne, it seems there is a pillar. Feelings of Nosgoth right now.

5.jpg

Here, we have what seems to be the external top of a tower, just under the roof. It could also be the lower side of a ship's bowsprit, but that is less likely. With the chains or "branches", it is difficult to tell. Could these be more than one structure overlapped? There is a flame of some kind suspended, and there seems to be a humanoid figure reaching out for the flame, right behind the lower bit of the "5". Can you see it? There may be more individuals hidden in the shadows of the image, but we cannot tell with the blur.

EDIT 3 - 25/09/2020
@Elveone keenly noticed the image this belongs to in the latest test stream, on the top right:

5 Revealed.jpg
The streams are full of spoilers. :)

4.jpg

If image number 6 was not that of the Vampire, this one ought to be. It has such a feel to it, even in this blurred state, of a Nosferatu-like character. Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing this one.

3.jpg

Assuredly, this image looks a lot more like "bloody woman" than image number 9. But this is yet again another portion of an image already revealed, the same as image 12, only zoomed in at the statue:

Potential 12.jpg
That makes me think we won't be seeing too many new images in the art reveal, only some. By now, I have also discarded the thought that the images hint at a particular sequence of anything.

2.jpg

Today's image looks ominous. There are quite a few humanoid silhouettes on it, but the blur can be deceiving. Could this be an image of dead being raised?

1.jpg

The likely final image is in, and it is a portion of image number 4 without blur. Just one more day!

The day is finally here, and we've got an extra "0" image today, and it looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

0.jpg

Last edited:

Do you have your own theories you'd like to share?
it might just be ME cause i tend to see faces in EVERYTHING....but i can make out what appears to be a Demon with wings in the red orb... two people on the right side looking left in the blue orb... and a noblish looking man in the green orb.... and you think YOU read to much into things :D

Well, looking at it like that, yes, it seems you are right. I can see the same forms. The two people on the blue orb are the ones with less shape to them, though. Could it be that each of those orbs have a universe of their own inside them, as do the weapons, and as might other kinds of objects in the world of Deadhaus?

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
Updated the post with today's image, which seems to be that of the Vampire. Maybe that is Lucian Armin instead? Seems to be wearing a crown. I think the Vampire is more likely, though.

I don't believe the last one is a vampire. I think it might be Ngaztak himself - he is sitting on a throne and wielding a great hammer in his hands. The only thing that does not fit is the moniker "The Black Hand" which I would suspect to be both metaphorical and literal.

Yes, I thought so too, but then I remembered that they intended to reveal Ngaztak in November, so I figured they'd use only images of things they will be showing to us on the 30th. They might just have decided to show him earlier, though. And also, I figured the Revenant would be a bit bulkier than this figure seems to be.

EDIT:
I had not identified it before, but he does seem to be holding a hammer. It seems unlikely a Vampire would be wielding a hammer, that much is true. Could this be really Ngaztak? Seems different than I expected, but the blur can distort our perception considerably.

Last edited:
Well, I think the figure is quite bulky - very wide shoulders, barrel chest but also quite tall. That hammer... well, it looks like a hammer with the whiter part being the flat surface on the side of the hammerhead but because of the blur we might be seeing the lower part of a shovel head as well. The pose is a bit interesting to me as well with one leg being straight down and the other being bent at the knee and... resting on the throne or beneath the upper half of the leg or... is the lower part of his leg missing altogether? I don't think it is Ngaztak but it might be another revenant. Or perhaps a ghoul if the shovel hypothesis pans out.

Today we've got a new image, already updated. The patterns of the shadows can make for varied speculations. There is definitely a suspended fire pit of some kind, and there seems to be a humanoid figure holding the chain or reaching out for the flame. In the shadows, there could be more than one creature, as far we can tell, which would account for the differentiated patterns in the shadow. The top right indicate the roof of a structure, such as a house or a tower. The structure that suspends the fire pit could be a tree, a post of some kind, or just an extension of the main structure to the right. I believe these are overlapping structures. There is either a house or a tower, and the branches belong to a tree, and there might be more than one creature on the tree, with the fire pit being suspended in one of its main branches.

This last one is literally just a lantern suspended from a house with a tree branch in front of it. It is part of a larger art piece with a cityscape. You can see it as Dennis's background in the latest stream.

Keenly noted, post edited. :)
The blur can makes us see images where there are none.

Oh, btw 7 is part of the same picture as well :) I think most of the blurred images are concept arts from places rather than characters the obvious exception being 6.

I dunno if this is the place for this one but the new logo has something interesting to me in it. Now this may be over reading into things but there are nine flares in the horizontal line. This may represent the nine houses. In the first age there will be the Humans and Deadhaus and for there to be the dead there must have first been the living. So the first smaller flare may represent the Humans and if so this means the second flare would be Deadhaus where we come in. This is when things are taking off in game lore with innumerable outcomes and events taking place so it has many things coming out of it such as the Moon and the diagonal line showing deviation. If this is the case then we should note the fourth flare is much larger than the others and that intersect with the deviation line caused by Deadhaus.

Also I think the Image with 13 on it is a zoomed in head from 6

Last edited:
Oh, btw 7 is part of the same picture as well :) I think most of the blurred images are concept arts from places rather than characters the obvious exception being 6.
Yes, seems to be the crown of the individual zoomed in. :)

I dunno if this is the place for this one but the new logo has something interesting to me in it. Now this may be over reading into things but there are nine flares in the horizontal line. This may represent the nine houses. In the first age there will be the Humans and Deadhaus and for there to be the dead there must have first been the living. So the first smaller flare may represent the Humans and if so this means the second flare would be Deadhaus where we come in. This is when things are taking off in game lore with innumerable outcomes and events taking place so it has many things coming out of it such as the Moon and the diagonal line showing deviation. If this is the case then we should note the fourth flare is much larger than the others and that intersect with the deviation line caused by Deadhaus.

Also I think the Image with 13 on it is a zoomed in head from 6

Nicely observed. I believe they will talk more about the logo on the art reveal as well. We might ask questions about it if we can.

Image 4 is in, and I believe we've got ourselves a Vampire.

Either a vampire or a ghoul. Kind of reminds me of Blood Omen 2 to be honest.

Image 3 is in. It's another portion of an image already seen by us.

Image 2 has arrived. Looks like something we were not hinted at before!

Image 1 has been revealed and it is a clear piece of image 4. Seems great! Just one more day. :)

The day has finally arrived and we've got an incredible new picture! Here's hoping it will be shown in full scope today. :)

Huh? A dragon.