OkamiWaffles

Decayed
Mallius Odium
Old World
Harbinger
Feb 8, 2021
I dunno how voice acting may play into this game, or if it even will at all, but I'd like to know, if there were voice acting in the game, would there be potential for Simon Templeman and/or Michael Bell to act in the game? Have Simon play a vamp character and Michael play a Wight or something along those lines :p I know in the latest World of Warcraft expansion, Shadowlands, there's a whole section of the afterlife that's essentially full of vampires, and Simon voices both an important character, as well as some generic vampire voices. That little easter egg caught me off guard and made me so inexorably happy because his performance as Kain was the catalyst that made me fall in love with vampires and the undead in general. Would there be any potential in bringing them back to do more work?

Oh, sorry, I was not aware. But thank you for answering the question.
I would say it needs to be for a role that both fits and is totally respectful of Simon. As a voice actor myself, who has been involved in "legacy" videogame roles, it's important to offer an actor of his caliber, something equal to his status. It honestly means a lot.
Up to this point, the opportunity hasn't come up, but I'm sure the devs are open to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
I would say it needs to be for a role that both fits and is totally respectful of Simon. As a voice actor myself, who has been involved in "legacy" videogame roles, it's important to offer an actor of his caliber, something equal to his status. It honestly means a lot.
Up to this point, the opportunity hasn't come up, but I'm sure the devs are open to it.
I completely agree on that front. I would love nothing less than for him to get a fitting role for his caliber of voice, same for Michael if he were still voice acting, though I know he's well into the later years and likely isn't still doing much acting. It was just a hopeful thought, because I adore both of their voices. Still, I will remain hopefully optimistic, and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'll still love DHS regardless, I'm sure :p

Reactions: Temuldjin
There are a lot of great actors out there, and I think DHS would be the opportunity of a lifetime if it comes together as well as we all want it to.
I hope there's enough room in the game world for every single VA who has an interest in it.
Good news is that even after its full release, the game's gonna keep on growing and growing, both in terms of player base, and the expansion of the world itself. We ought to see plenty of new roles for folks after the product's already proven itself. The critical moment is right now, though, where the concept is still in the process of being hatched into a new kind of animal.

I know that there's usually a lot of NDAs being signed whenever a VA accepts a role(s) for a gig, but damn I'm keen to know who all is working on DHS right now! o_O

Both Simon Templeman and Michael Bell would be great to have

Personally I'd also enjoy having TC Carson and Stephen L. Russell voice acting in DHS

Reactions: mikzzzan
The scenes with Simon Templeman and Michael Bell Talking in the Soul Reaver series is so good it still echoes trough my mind sometimes.
And i've never seen someone get into character as much as Gregg Berger did voicing Turel.
it would be beyond amazing if they went with the same kinda vibe for DHS

Last edited:
Reactions: Giglioti