vhalnich

Ripe
OG 2020
Jan 16, 2020
I know humans are the fodder and stomping grounds of the game and PvP will start with undead classes vs undead classes and the first expansion houses will most likely be demon based, giants or mindflayers but I think it would be cool to eventually have a PvP mode between undead, demons etc vs humans. Since the undead start with 7 classes I figured the humans would start with 7 as well.
1. Paladin melee/magic/support
2. Inquisitor melee/ranged hydrid melee focus
3. Priest magic/support/damage
4. Blood Hunter(Werewolf) tank/damage/sustain
5. Knight melee/tank/damage
6. Ranger melee/ranged hybrid range focus
7. Battle Mage magic/damage/crowd control

What do you think? Are playable living “good guys” a bad idea or would it be a cool thematic PvP idea?

A few years ago, most games that came out only allowed you to play as the good guy. The hero. The humans fighting against a vile scourge of some sort. I've always wanted to play the opposition, on those games. I wanted to play as the enemy forces.
Then Dungeon Keeper came out, in which you played as the demons themselves, fending against human invaders. Then, I wanted to play as the humans...

I think a part of us always wants to imagine that which isn't available would be interesting to play as.
But I also think that one of the things that make Deadhaus unique is the very fact that the we only play as the opposition, the undead themselves.
I'm not against having more options, more classes, more factions, more variety. I would not oppose it if they wished to do so. However, I don't have a desire to play as the humans in this particular game. Perhaps it would be interesting, like it was in Nosgoth, but they are not trying to recreate that game, they're making something new. Which is why I don't mind either way.

If I had to vote purely on community request, I would vote against it. But if Apocalypse believed they could do an interesting human faction and wanted to do so, I would support it. That's my opinion on this matter.

A few years ago, most games that came out only allowed you to play as the good guy. The hero. The humans fighting against a vile scourge of some sort.

I wonder when that time was. Must have been way before the arcade Donkey Kong, in which game Jumpman beat up his pet monkey with a hammer because he was jealous of the animal spending more time with his girlfriend than he did.

In my limited experience, that was 20~30 years ago. Naturally, there were all kinds of games available and I could only get to know some of them. :)
I definitely never interpreted Donkey Kong like that. :p

I was kidding, I do get where you're coming from. I can only take so much "you're the magical hero and only you can save the world" stuff myself, I like a bit of a darker story, tragic anti-hero, or whatnot.

More on-topic though, was undead/undead PvP even confirmed, or are we going to have to wait for other houses to be added before PvP becomes possible? Not that I would dislike the undead fighting the undead... (personally I'm not a competitive kinda guy, mostly because I suck and am unwilling to git gud)

• Funny
Reactions: Golden Xan
Denis hasn't mentioned undead x undead combat yet. He only ever mentioned PVP between different Houses. But we'll see. Everything indicates we will be able to fight other undead NPCs, but no idea on PVP yet.
I'd like to see that happen, though.

I was kidding, I do get where you're coming from. I can only take so much "you're the magical hero and only you can save the world" stuff myself, I like a bit of a darker story, tragic anti-hero, or whatnot.

More on-topic though, was undead/undead PvP even confirmed, or are we going to have to wait for other houses to be added before PvP becomes possible? Not that I would dislike the undead fighting the undead... (personally I'm not a competitive kinda guy, mostly because I suck and am unwilling to git gud)
Yeah I could be completely off with the undead vs undead PvP. I just remember PvP was mentioned and I assumed the game would just start out with the undead classes so it made the most sense that it would be undead vs undead to start. I’m imagining battleground and capture the flag type stuff but who knows what they will come up with for PvP

Reactions: Golden Xan
PVP will be coming to Deadhaus Sonata, we're estimating one year after release. We don't know exactly yet how it will work (Team deathmatches, capture the flag, duel-style 1v1's, etc.) but we won't be releasing any PVP content until we feel like it's ready.

Some form of human against monster PvP could be fun interesting. :)

I did just realize something, if there is a Divinihaus (Or Angelhaus) would the angels be fighting against humans? Or would they be hunting weaker forms of the other haus'? And if they did fight against humans, would it be a sort of "Judgement Day" scenario?

I did just realize something, if there is a Divinihaus (Or Angelhaus) would the angels be fighting against humans? Or would they be hunting weaker forms of the other haus'? And if they did fight against humans, would it be a sort of "Judgement Day" scenario?
I adore that idea, Angels or some sort of Divine champions dishing out harsh, merciless justice on humanity. Humanity's saviors falling on them instead is almost a scarier idea than the undead. Maybe the classes could take some inspiration from old testament depictions of angelic beings where they look almost alien?