Mallius Odium
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Mar 30, 2019
Hey everyone :)

If you want a question specifically answered live on a future stream, post them here so I can keep track of them and have them replied to in the first opportunity. Whenever you have new questions, make a new post for them, so that we can find them more easily.

All questions answered will be moved to the
Big List of Questions & Answers after their debut.

Questions-in-waiting

- What if you learned the true name of the world? Would you become a god? [Wyverntamer]

- Combat, the mechanics behind it and what we can expect from it. (Souls-like style of combat or Warframe kind of combat or Skyrim?) [DukeVaeVictis]

- Open world or more like smaller maps? [DukeVaeVictis]

- If Open world is planned (like Skyrim) what for means of travel will we have? Like abilites? Mounts? [DukeVaeVictis]

- What for kind of PvP are you planning to add? (I would like to see a PvP which is very much social, which can work well with roleplay) and of course the more traditional approach to PvP with combat. [DukeVaeVictis]

- How many weapons can we have equipped at once? [Lord Scara]

- Since Deadhaus is part of the name of the game does it means it has a special place in the story and series of events or it's just because it is the first house available? [Roband]

- For vampires, does the weather have some effect on this during the day (like being in the daylight in a cold environment with many clouds, maybe with snow or rain against being in a hot desert with a clear sky)? [Roband]

- Is there any block mechanic? [Roband]

- Is crafting limited to weapons and armors or could players create other things? For example, a powerful artifact or even a creature? (divinity 2 eco draconis style, i always found that part extremely amusing) [Roband]

- Are there any skill/ability/spell that require the player to do something else other than leveling to be learned? (for example finding a tome in a certain place or killing a certain creature)? [Roband]

- Will players be able to play together on the same console/PC (local co op)? [Roband]

- Is flight available for all the classes? If not, how classes unable to fly will be able to travel in equal terms compared to classes that have this ability? [Roband]

- Will there be guilds (player clans)? [DukeVaeVictis]

- What was your inspiration for the creation of Deadhaus Sonata? [Golden Xan]

- The game is eventually set out to have many Houses. Why did you decide to start with the undead? [Golden Xan]

- Will there be a reputation system between characters? For example, you make a choice in the dialogue and upsets a character, then the characters stops liking you. Is that going to be a thing in the game? [Evolved]

- Will we have some sort of chest or mechanism to pass loot, items, currency etc. to other characters we are running? [Purple Gryphon]

- How will our lineages work? [Artashir]

- Do you plan to hire classically trained voice actors again, as you did in Blood Omen? [Galen]

- Will there be closed captions for the hearing impaired? [Galen]

- How soon will guilds be implemented and to what extent? [ORIGINSFURY]

- Does the difficulty scales in some way or is it pre-defined per mission? [IvoryWarrior]

- Has there been any consideration for skill shot systems to be added for each class in the game? (Skill shots are abilities that can be avoided by the target or missed) [Danteû]

- Consoles often offer limited button combinations to use abilities. Has there been consideration of using button modifiers to add more options outside of 4 to 6 meaningful button presses? [Danteû]

- Will there be any level of RNG in attacks? [Danteû]

- Will classes have the ability to parry/riposte, deflect, absorb and reflect? [Danteû]

Last edited:

DukeVaeVictis

Long Dead
Mallius Odium
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Apr 17, 2020
Questions which I'd like to have answered!

Combat, the mechanics behind it and what we can expect from it. (Souls-like style of combat or Warframe kind of combat or Skyrim?)

Open world or more like smaller maps?

If Open world is planned (like Skyrim) what for means of travel will we have? Like abilites? Mounts?

What for kind of PvP are you planning to add? (I would like to see a PvP which is very much social, which can work well with roleplay) and of course the more traditional approach to PvP with combat.

UPDATE;

Will there be guilds (Player clans/guilds?)

Last edited:

Roband

Long Dead
Mallius Odium
OG 2020
Feb 19, 2020
I'm recycling some of my old questions trying to remove those that have already been aswered later on in the interviews (if some have been answered and i didn't notice i ask forgiveness. Golden Xan, if this should be the case just don't consider them of course)

1) since dead house is part of the name of the game does it means it has a special place in the story and series of events or it'just because it is the first house available?

2) For vampires, does the weather have some effect on this during the day (like being in the daylight in a cold enviroment wiht many clouds, maybe with snow or rain against being in a hot desert with a clear sky)?

3) is there any block mechanic?

4) is crafting limited to weapons and armors or could players create other things? like for example a powerful artifact or even a creature? (divinity 2 eco draconis style, i always found that part extremely amusing)

5) Are there any skill/ability/spell that require the player to do something else other than leveling to be learned? (for example finding a tome in a certain place or killing a certain creature)?

6) Will players be able to play togheter on the same console/PC (local co op)?

7) Is flight available for all the classes? If not, how classes unable to fly will be able to travel in equal terms compared to classes that have this ability?

Last edited:

Golden Xan

Staff member
Mallius Odium
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Mar 30, 2019
Hey Roband, I've added your questions with the exception of 3), because that was specifically answered on the last stream. I'll be linking the video and time of the question on a thread I'll create soon. :)

The answer was, essentially, that there will be no missions focused on stealth or with the pacing and style seen in stealth games per se, but there will be stealth-related skills that characters will be able to use regularly. The Wraith can become invisible, for example.

EDIT: @Roband, just got the thread set up, your question was answered 17:40 minutes on
this stream.

Last edited:

Roband

Long Dead
Mallius Odium
OG 2020
Feb 19, 2020
Hey Roband, I've added your questions with the exception of 3), because that was specifically answered on the last stream. I'll be linking the video and time of the question on a thread I'll create soon. :)

The answer was, essentially, that there will be no missions focused on stealth or with the pacing and style seen in stealth games per se, but there will be stealth-related skills that characters will be able to use regularly. The Wraith can become invisible, for example.

EDIT: @Roband, just got the thread set up, your question was answered 17:40 minutes on
this stream.

Thank you Golden Xan, i saw a new video was up after i already posted the questions and so i edited my post (now question 3 is about if they think about having block mechanics in the game)

Glad to finally see you in the streams :)

Galen

Ripe
Feb 3, 2021
I know Denis made a comment in years past about how he was nervous about Simon's voice acting when they hired him, but once he heard it he knew it was the right move to trust him. Do you plan to hire classically trained actors again? And furthermore, will there be an inclusion of Closed Captioning for the hearing impaired?

Reactions: Golden Xan

Golden Xan

Staff member
Mallius Odium
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Mar 30, 2019
Denis has mentioned in the past that subtitles were coming, but I don't know about closed captions. It should almost just as simple as setting up the subtitles. As for hiring actors, they are doing this already, as we can see from the chronicles of Alaric von Beller. I will add your questions to the list, in any case. :)

Golden Xan

Staff member
Mallius Odium
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Mar 30, 2019
I will no longer be as involved with the stream as I will have to be focusing on my activities at World Anvil. I will stop maintaining this thread for now, but Faceless Mike and Koldin will be keeping it up. I thank everyone who submitted their questions and apologize for not being able to ask them sooner myself.

Last edited: