OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jan 10, 2020
Michigan
www.twitch.tv
This thread is intended to brainstorm what - if any influence or changes the players could possibly make within the factions.
when posting ideas consider these points.
*Could this be breakable by elites or bots?
*Does everyone have the possibility of gaining it within their faction (soloists and multiplayer)
*How long will it affect the game?
*How would it affect the game?
*What is the Narrative purpose of it?

**If you are interested in coming up with possible ranks / titles for the factions refer to this thread**

**From Ranks of the dead - (titles for the different factions)***
had some discussion with a few others in voice chat. and an idea popped up about the top ranks. like the council of 3 or council of 33, or the General for the Hoard(this is what Denis typed) though Horde does make more sense :D - anyway... if these were attainable ranks for players to achieve they could be limited to a time frame 1 or 2 weeks and given a special narrative choice that could affect the next week or two in events... to be able to gain these ranks of course would take dedication in game to do major plot points within the faction itself and gain enough influence within the faction itself to obtain those ranks.

Justice - could vote on specific rare enemies that spawn during the next week (33 gets a longer list and 3 makes final decision) - gain influence for completed bounties (undead that may have betrayed deadhaus in some fashion)

Harbingers - top 2 tiers get to vote on areas lore heavy encounters may be present - gain influence by collecting documents / scrolls throughout the world

Hoard(horde) - ability to pick where reinforcements will be pulled from or gone to for the next week giving a combat bonuses / debuffs to areas. - gain influence through combat (the easiest to achieve)

Shadow - Vote on specific rare enemies that spawn during the next week (non undead) - gain influence by collecting enemy documentation.

Noblesse - I honestly have no clue on this one..... but they could help all the other factions in one way or another through influence - gained by helping with their objectives maybe?

anyway it was a thought that passed through my head... to prevent 1 person or a small group of people just obtaining the top ranks over and over again... the influence cost would get higher and higher the more times obtained the rank. I.E. 1000 influence the 1st time, then like 1500, 2000, 2500 and so on.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Temuldjin
klokwerkaos said:
I think this is really cool, but I also hate it, like cool stuff but there's mechanical issues I'd like to bring up not as an attack but like, as a concern. Here's why: If you've ever been stuck on a cooldown for a particular unique/rare mob, you know this sucks because there's a good chance everyone is camping it and you'll be lucky to get one hit before it's dead. now add that respawn timer to weeks, and then also it's dependent upon a random person's choice.

Like in theory this is exciting and awesome, but in reality this would suck the largest of butts. You could also make it so that the enemy isn't really going to affect anything (ie their drop doesn't matter or whatever) but then the whole "choice" you make is also worthless so it's not really a choice at all. Same with shadow.

This has the same issue the last one does, but could be manipulated to "the drop is always X, this just increases the drop of by Y%" so that it's meaningful maybe like +20% can stack with other stuff.

Like the last one, as long as these are "in addition to" rather than "at the exclusion of". Same notion.

I would recommend that this start at X rate, increase to Y but also have a bleed off to Z. This way they are less likely to get the next one, but also that they can have an easier time getting it later on if they put the work in, Z being a % based bleed off over time. Lets say you take 6 months off the game, come back and now you have an immediate motivation to participate in that system as well as catch up on other content.
I think you are using MMO open world thought process here... Groups are limted to 6 per instance. You are not going to fight with other people camping the spawns.
. It could also be a way for the devs to say *add* new monsters / enemies not prevously seen before.

Think about it this way... For the next wk/ 2 wks what ever, a special mob has a chance to spawn in zone X - after that its gone.

The dropoff mechanic could help yes. I just figured try to set a way to make it easier for more people to gain access to it rather than the elite few.

Reactions: Temuldjin
I got nothing really to add, I just want to state that I like the idea.