Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
I'm wanting slime monsters to be a playable class at some point but in the meantime they could serve a few functions and perhaps they evolve to become something playable in another age. I describe them as the merger of the dead that are buried in mass graves, all of their bodies broken down and reconstituted into a single slime.

Here are some of the functions that I thought of for them;

Storage and Collection- Release it onto the things you seek to keep, breaking them down to store it before returning back to you and reconstituting it later.

Forges- Feed your ingredients into it and it will construct, craft, or synthesize what you're after.

Minions- Drones that either fight, defend, and otherwise offer support in some fashion such as reconnaissance.

Weapons/Armor/Outfits- Some slimes could take on the composition of what they absorb, shifting into metals and cloths of varying types. Perhaps they could even shift between forms, an armored sleeves turning into a weapon and so on. Some slimes as outfits could provide secondary perks such as moments of invisibility.

What do you think? Could this work or can you think of other functions they could perform?

Last edited:
Sentient slime creatures would properly be very hard to balance, sins they would be immune To all types of Physical damage, be that piecing, bludgeoning or slashing damage. (puncture holes in them, and they just regenerate the holes, smash it in to a pile of goo, it just combines itself back in to it original form, cut it in half, and it just merges back together again) and some magic attacks, like earth, water and ice.

it is definitely an interesting idea/playable race, but it could be hard to balance.

Reactions: Livin
I'd argue that to balance slimes out, their physical damage bar doesn't count for how much physical hit points they actually have, but rather how many attacks they can sustain before they can no longer hold their primary form. So while it doesn't strictly deal damage per se, they have limited means of reconstituting themselves before they must rest/heal

Reactions: Livin
Sentient slime creatures would properly be very hard to balance, sins they would be immune To all types of Physical damage, be that piecing, bludgeoning or slashing damage. (puncture holes in them, and they just regenerate the holes, smash it in to a pile of goo, it just combines itself back in to it original form, cut it in half, and it just merges back together again) and some magic attacks, like earth, water and ice.

That's not necessarily true, there is room to deviate from what we know of slimes from other sources. The slimes we play could contain a core or essential components that are vulnerable to physical damage so they aren't op against warrior type opponents.

I'd argue that to balance slimes out, their physical damage bar doesn't count for how much physical hit points they actually have, but rather how many attacks they can sustain before they can no longer hold their primary form. So while it doesn't strictly deal damage per se, they have limited means of reconstituting themselves before they must rest/heal

I like that, like a concentration(stamina) bar that when depleted reduces them to a shapeless blob that can only crawl or slither. They can't be destroyed but they can be stopped and rendered a noncombatant for a time.