Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Eternal Champion
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Feb 21, 2018
Denis asked me to copy that here so it's easier to keep track of :)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but the "New Posts" view in the forum seems to always show all posts, with the oldest post at the very top. In other words, it does the opposite of what it claims to be doing
2c6041bfc91ee1174f11740dc26573fe.svg

If it showed the newest posts on top instead, it would definitely be better. The old forum (as well as this forum before the public launch) had a feature that showed me all the posts I hadn't seen yet, which was super helpful.

Unfortunately, that feature seems to be disabled now. (Which would be fine if the "new posts" thing worked correctly)

Also, it says (20) in the tab title, as if I had new notifications, but I can't see or access these notifications anywhere. The old forum had a thing in the top menu from where I could see my notifications. (I can go to my profile settings and then click on alerts to see the notifications, or click alerts from the profile popup, but that's at least one pageload away and not intuitive. I'd expect there to be a separate thing showing me the number of alerts and opening a popup with alerts when clicked. Or alternatively, not have the alert count displayed in the page title)

Don't get me wrong, I think the old forum was a bit overloaded and convoluted, and I think it's good to have a more streamlined, simpler forum. I just think the features that are there should work as expected /advertised; instead, as of now, they are a bit confusing and counter-intuitive.

"New posts" is in the expected order now (y)

There still doesn't seem to be a place to view alerts without a pageload (or at least I'm not seeing it).

User Story said:
1541523522816.png
Yay! 123 new notifications! Let's see what they are!
1541523653719.png
Hmmm... there's no notification icon... let's try clicking on my avatar...
1541523723452.png
Hmmm... no notifications... nothing that says 123... weird... hm let's try alerts maybe?
1541523816631.png
Baaah why did it load a new page argfkjsbicv well at least I found them

Yep, cool beans :)

When I'm on another page than the forum in the top bar (home, news about...) the forum button has a drop down menu.
By clicking on "all threads" in this drop down I can see the names of the individual subforums, including the ones in the Private Admin Moderator Section, which are hidden on the front page. Don't know if this is intended or we're not supposed to be able to see the names of those.

When I'm on another page than the forum in the top bar (home, news about...) the forum button has a drop down menu.
By clicking on "all threads" in this drop down I can see the names of the individual subforums, including the ones in the Private Admin Moderator Section, which are hidden on the front page. Don't know if this is intended or we're not supposed to be able to see the names of those.

Thanks - I removed all threads for now but hopefully you can only see the proper forums lists now.

Reactions: Uru

Note to self: rename the moderator-only thread called "all non-privileged users are stupid" to something different.

Just kidding of course, there's no such thread :p

I have also noticed what you're describing. Actually clicking on the thread name trying to open it only leads to an error if you don't have the rights to view it (at least in the cases I have observed), so it's not a big issue... but at the very least it may be misleading.

@Denis Dyack other thread lists have similar problems, for example I can see "For Admins Only" in trending threads, wouldn't be surprised if it affected other lists similar to that. It seems like "New Posts" is unaffected, at least I can't see the "For Admins Only" thread there. Either way, clicking the link to that thread just results in an error.

Reactions: Uru
Thanks - I removed all threads for now but hopefully you can only see the proper forums lists now.
Yeah I can't see another page that displays that information. I mean I can still go to all threads because my browser remembers the URL, but the link is gone and the other links don't seem to show anything about that.

Oh did I speak too soon? If I go to trending threads the names of the admin moderator subforums are mentioned in the filters.

Oh and below every post the user's IP is listed.
Seeing as this is a forum anyone can join I don't know if that's inviting trouble.

Oh and below every post the user's IP is listed.
Seeing as this is a forum anyone can join I don't know if that's inviting trouble.

Oh brother. I poked @Denis Dyack, this should probably be fixed ASAP. Thank you for your reports!

Reactions: Denis Dyack
Oh brother. I poked @Denis Dyack, this should probably be fixed ASAP. Thank you for your reports!

Yah I am on it - some of this stuff is new I believe modifications I believe. I will look to get it fixed.

@Uru I have disabled the add-ons - please let me know if this fixes the problem for now.

Last edited: