Danteu

Ripe
Feb 9, 2021
1.Templates/tools to make their own customized characters and weapons/outfits.
*This could also be used to generate income for the devs where they take a % of the earnings of user generated content sold.

2.Campaign editors for people to make their own stories and mods.
*This could increase replayability and give longevity to the game.

3.An online store to sell your custom made items where the devs takes a % of the earnings.
*The first point and this would could be merged at this point with all the editing I've done.

4. Mod support.
*I believe this has been addressed.

5. Invading others to hunt them down and "steal" some of their gold and gear (you could get a small % of their currency they hold and a lesser duplicate version of item they're wearing). This would enable world pvp and allow for the creation of a new game experience. The way would work much like how dark souls uses items to invade people. You'd have to work to obtain them and use them as a currency to invade. And could be opted into boosting the chance of finding rare gear while doing PVE while flagged for invasions as a means to counteract time potentially lost by being invaded.
*Could even have a hardcore option that makes it so you actually drop one random item upon death if killed by a player and not a NPC.
*Gold/items can only be dropped once per 12 hour cycles.

6. Trading with limited number of trades. I think being able to equip some gear and wear it for awhile is a good thing but being able to sell/trade it to another player is also good but limit it to just that one trade and make it bound to the second owner.

7.Make our choices matter, let us invest in our characters and build them the way we see fit.

8. Keep our damage numbers at a reasonable level. We don't need to see 500 billion damage numbers on our screens.

9.We need to not feel like gods but beings struggling to exist in a world that's unfair and harsh.

10.Bring back the sense of dread and foreboding gothic atmosphere and good music/ambience. I think you guys might have this one.

11.Boss fights should no longer just be confined to small rooms you're locked into to fight to the death but needs to be somewhat random and can be ran away from unless it's say the final boss or something. *Being locked in a room with a killer sounds fun on paper but its actually very boring and limits the chance for memorable experiences to happen.

12.We need an offline mode to play by ourselves when we want to say for example play hardcore and not lose our character to server lag or isp lag or power outages. I think you guys also have this one figured out as well.

13. Online only modes which will track the leader boards for seasonal and non seasonal and offer extra crafting materials as a means to incentivize online play. I think you guys have figured out your online strategy for this game so this will also be ignored.

14. Drastically reduce the amount of pointless legendaries and make more useful and unique actually game changing items.

15. Loot needs to feel rare and hard to obtain and you can significantly notice when you get an upgrade instead of this small 0.01% upgrade we constantly get with the ever moving goal post that has been Diablo 3.

16. Needs to be adult themed and not watered down to appeal to a wide audience. Make a good game and people from all walks of life will come to enjoy the artwork. I was a child when I played the first Diablo even though it was directed towards a more mature audience. *The crow scene in the Diablo intro

17. Cosmetic items purchasable through the dev store.

18. Skins/Seasonal Skins/Themed skins of other IPs unlockable with effort or dev store. *Imagine a Kain lookalike in Deadhaus
*This could be used to leverage FOMO (Fear of missing out) to encourage sales for cosmetics which would help with server costs when money is needed for server costs during peak engagement or to pay for development for more content.

19. Community first. I think this also can stay but I really have enjoyed the community from what I've seen so far.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Golden Xan
We have an entire tool integration pipeline for the community to create individual weapons all the way to complex narrative-driven adventures (via cloud tools like World Anvil and Project Deios) for a fully integrated content pipeline where gamers can not only contribute to the game but also sell these things our game store.

Your other comments and suggestions seem in line with our development direction. Once we start releasing playable please let us know how we are doing. Your feedback as well as others from the community will help us make a better game.

• Happy
Reactions: Golden Xan