Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
A nice detail about the Lich was revealed recently. Being a magic caster, the lich draws their power from their mana pool to cast spells; but it also is able to sacrifice it's own health along with the health of any "captured" people if their mana is not enough. This opens some interesting possibilities.

• What if the lich could also draw upon the health or mana of other player's characters, with the player's permission of course?
  • What if there is no spell the lich is barred from casting; but if it requires more mana than the lich has, even with a complete health sacrifice, then the lich simply dies while failing to cast it?
  • What if there were God level spells possible but required so much mana that even when the lich is maxed out it wouldn't be enough, requiring contributions from several "captured" people or player characters; and even then, it still might not be enough?

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about this “captured” people aspect. I have no idea what is planned but I have a suggeston I’d like to share. From freshly fallen enemies, the lich ripes the soul out of the victm and tethers it to themselves. From then on it follows the lich until more mana is need than the lich has on hand, drawing mana from the soul until it is depleted and fades away into the ether; but the lich would obviously lose them if they were defeated. Perhaps as the lich levels up they are able to take on more of these souls to
go along with their increasing mana pool. This might make things for the lich a little OP so the cost for dragging the souls along could be that the lich’s mana pool no longer regenerates on its own while they are there, that the energy that would otherwise replenish the pool is diverted to sustaining the binding over the souls.

I thought about how these souls could appear in the game. My personal preference would be for them to be full bodied ghosts, twistng and wrestling to break free; but that would probably overload the screen so the traditonal orbs might be the better option.

Reactions: Gødflesh_88
Perhaps after killing an enemy, their soul exist in the ethereal plane temporarily and that Liche needs to go ethereal in order to drag their souls back to the material plane to use as mana.

Reactions: Livin
Perhaps after killing an enemy, their soul exist in the ethereal plane temporarily and that Liche needs to go ethereal in order to drag their souls back to the material plane to use as mana.
Nice, perhaps we could even have a Soul Reaver type mechanic where if the Liche has enough souls they can sacrifice them all for enough magic to resurrect their vessel where it fell.

Reactions: Gødflesh_88
Nice, perhaps we could even have a Soul Reaver type mechanic where if the Liche has enough souls they can sacrifice them all for enough magic to resurrect their vessel where it fell.

Also similar to the original Onimusha series as well. I need to play me some Genma Onimusha again lol

Reactions: Livin