Immemorial
Malleus Monday
OG 2020
Old World
Harbinger
Sep 30, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
m.twitch.tv
I would like to touch base on the promised functionality of implementing streamer integrations to allow interactive experiences with viewers. My suggestion when developing this area of the game is allowing a few commands that can be called by viewers to affect the gameplay. This way, the streamer integration can give content creators the opportunity to advertise in-game influences, which can be purchased by viewers with currency (such as channel points for dedicated twitch viewers). The caveat to this is it would permit the player control over certain aspects of the game, which in a lot of cases is not good. An example given in the past for streamer interactions was allowing viewers to vote on adventure encounters and their rewards, but in that sense, we wouldn't want players to be able to just manually choose things such as what they fight, or what loot is obtained. My idea would strictly pertain to potentially irrelevant systems like weather or music. If a viewer could spend currency (of any form) to enable a rainstorm, or start their favorite Deadhaus Sonata original soundtrack as a way to interact with the player (ideally in a way that doesn't allow the player to control these systems in-game) I think that would be a very enticing and unique way to add a layer of entertainment for both the players and the viewers.

• Magus - Great Design Input
Reactions: Denis Dyack
I would like to touch base on the promised functionality of implementing streamer integrations to allow interactive experiences with viewers. My suggestion when developing this area of the game is allowing a few commands that can be called by viewers to affect the gameplay. This way, the streamer integration can give content creators the opportunity to advertise in-game influences, which can be purchased by viewers with currency (such as channel points for dedicated twitch viewers). The caveat to this is it would permit the player control over certain aspects of the game, which in a lot of cases is not good. An example given in the past for streamer interactions was allowing viewers to vote on adventure encounters and their rewards, but in that sense, we wouldn't want players to be able to just manually choose things such as what they fight, or what loot is obtained. My idea would strictly pertain to potentially irrelevant systems like weather or music. If a viewer could spend currency (of any form) to enable a rainstorm, or start their favorite Deadhaus Sonata original soundtrack as a way to interact with the player (ideally in a way that doesn't allow the player to control these systems in-game) I think that would be a very enticing and unique way to add a layer of entertainment for both the players and the viewers.
Great suggestion and happy to say we are working on currency and monetization for interactive streaming as we speak and should have some demos of this implementation later in the New Year! :)

Great suggestion and happy to say we are working on currency and monetization for interactive streaming as we speak and should have some demos of this implementation later in the New Year! :)
Excellent news! I appreciate the response and everything you guys are doing. I think the progress we've seen from your studio so far is great, and I look forward to seeing more!

• Happy
This is a really cool idea, it also bypasses something that I have seen in other games. Usually from my experience the player can be stranded waiting for the viewers to make the decisions. That can easily take someone out of the immersion, and even other viewers, but giving them something like control over the weather or when music changes, or even potential mob rushes with varying types of enemies, that would be really cool.

• Happy
i have nothing to add but i like some of the ideas in this thread. I can't wait to hear more details from the devs