Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
Its probably too far along for this but here goes.

I've been rereading the states of deaths and would like to offer a different arrangement between them. From what I understand magick is an external energy to control with no real connection to the physical and essential when it comes to being necessary for life. I think this is potentially a mistake and believe it would be better if life requires all three in order to happen. Let magick be the power of the soul, the energy that animates the body. As for essence, let it be the cosmic force that binds the soul to the flesh or other forms of matter.

Think of everything as planet, it helped me make sense of what was rattling in my head.

Essence can behave like gravity, pulled to be around all forms of matter and creating a field that also seals in whatever magic is flowing through the material at the time. If enough magick stagnants from being held in place by the essence then it will eventually coalesce into a soul that gives life to the matter as essence reshapes said matter to fit the shape of the soul.

Let me know what you think or if it doesn't work.

I've been rereading the states of deaths and would like to offer a different arrangement between them. From what I understand magick is an external energy to control with no real connection to the physical and essential when it comes to being necessary for life. I think this is potentially a mistake and believe it would be better if life requires all three in order to happen. Let magick be the power of the soul, the energy that animates the body. As for essence, let it be the cosmic force that binds the soul to the flesh or other forms of matter.

Think of everything as planet, it helped me make sense of what was rattling in my head.

Essence can behave like gravity, pulled to be around all forms of matter and creating a field that also seals in whatever magic is flowing through the material at the time. If enough magick stagnants from being held in place by the essence then it will eventually coalesce into a soul that gives life to the matter as essence reshapes said matter to fit the shape of the soul.

this would only work for deadhaus, for each house has its own trinary archetype, save the 9th house which consists of the middle 4.

RBG - Deadhaus
how would this apply to the other 8 houses that do not include Physical / Magical / Essential
these are my best guesses as to what the other 3 points are
Immaterial - Aqua
science - yellow
psychic -magenta

octahedron colors TRUE.png
New Octahedron with correct colors.png

• Useful
Reactions: Livin
Hmm, I'd have to know what the other points are like you said but it only needs to work with deadhaus. The main point is finding ways to incorporate and require each point of a class's trinary in their creation.

Also, has antimatter been considered for aqua?

Life? We are talking about the undead here haha. And from what i understand from the lore, for one to exist in malorum, he only needs to exist in one state as a minimum, and all the others are extra. Since its mentioned that common humans only traverse the physical realm, why would they need magic? And even if what u say is true, i have a purely personal theory that the states are not about what quality its house possess, but rather, it represents the states that its house can survive solely on. I don't think that explained it very well so let me give you an example. If there really is a mortal haus of sorts, it will definently have physical, and it will most likely have magical, so what? essential too? probably not, they are not deadhaus 2.0. But does that mean that humans are soul-less creatures? no, it just means that their soul can't exist on its own, so they cant enter an essential state. Hope that explained it a little better

IMO life requires all 6 of the power sources to exist within a certain being but in order to become more powerful the different races focus on 3 sources exclusively which makes them forego certain aspects of power and unbalances them. Undead are skewered towards the physical, the magikal and the essential realm. Humans though might be balanced between all 6 which is why they are so rubbish in comparison - humans are master of all trades but they cannot truly master any of them.

Essence is the power of the Soul, the power to be yourself, a mastery over who and what you are. Vampires and Ghouls transform their physical bodies because they can change the shape of who they are while preserving their essence. Ghouls and Wights do not manipulate the world around them - they absorb it, making it part of themselves. Wraiths are bound to chains when they are transformed but those chains later become part of who they are.

Magik is the power to know the world and change it, to manipulate the world as an object. The first thing Liches do when they start to become undead is to learn how to manipulate their bodies as if they are objects in the world and the final step on that process is to learn how to move their soul to another vessel as if the soul itself is an object in the world.

Basically what you suggest Magik to be is already part of what Essence is and Magik is something completely different in Malorum.

Life? We are talking about the undead here haha. And from what i understand from the lore, for one to exist in malorum, he only needs to exist in one state as a minimum, and all the others are extra. Since its mentioned that common humans only traverse the physical realm, why would they need magic? And even if what u say is true, i have a purely personal theory that the states are not about what quality its house possess, but rather, it represents the states that its house can survive solely on. I don't think that explained it very well so let me give you an example. If there really is a mortal haus of sorts, it will definently have physical, and it will most likely have magical, so what? essential too? probably not, they are not deadhaus 2.0. But does that mean that humans are soul-less creatures? no, it just means that their soul can't exist on its own, so they cant enter an essential state. Hope that explained it a little better
Liche's have physical bodies and humans are capable of magic otherwise how would do they become liches. All the classes have some measure of the essential, magickal, and physical. Currently only essential and physical are required for life while magick is something separate. I'm working on a way that incorporates all three and I'm referring to the living because outside of the banshee all the classes used to be of the living.

IMO life requires all 6 of the power sources to exist within a certain being but in order to become more powerful the different races focus on 3 sources exclusively which makes them forego certain aspects of power and unbalances them. Undead are skewered towards the physical, the magikal and the essential realm. Humans though might be balanced between all 6 which is why they are so rubbish in comparison - humans are master of all trades but they cannot truly master any of them.

Essence is the power of the Soul, the power to be yourself, a mastery over who and what you are. Vampires and Ghouls transform their physical bodies because they can change the shape of who they are while preserving their essence. Ghouls and Wights do not manipulate the world around them - they absorb it, making it part of themselves. Wraiths are bound to chains when they are transformed but those chains later become part of who they are.

Magik is the power to know the world and change it, to manipulate the world as an object. The first thing Liches do when they start to become undead is to learn how to manipulate their bodies as if they are objects in the world and the final step on that process is to learn how to move their soul to another vessel as if the soul itself is an object in the world.

Basically what you suggest Magik to be is already part of what Essence is and Magik is something completely different in Malorum.
My reinterpretation doesn't take away essence's influence over one's form. In my description it is the force that reshapes matter to fit the soul.

From what I gather the chains of the wraith are bound and incorporated into their souls so its natural that their essence would manifest them as part of their physical form when they shift.

Because they are able to take control of their essence the vampire is capable of manipulating their appearance while their soul stays the same and that essence reverts them back to their original soul fitting form after releasing that control.

Perhaps what a ghoul consumes affects not only their body but also their soul and their essence is reshaping their flesh to better fit it.

When it comes to the wight, as suggested before essence gathers around all forms of matter so it makes sense that the more material one is made up of the more essence it will contain. Also since their souls are artificial and held within a centralized core its possible those core were designed to expand the spirit outward to fit whatever form their bodies were constructed to be.

Last edited:
The simplest explanation is that Material aligned creatures have power over the physical world, Magikal aligned creatures have power over the true nature of things and Essential aligned creatures have power over every aspect of themselves. If you want to move a rock the material creature would use its physical strength to move the rock, the magikal creature would change the nature of the rock so it can move and the essential creature will become the rock and move it as part of itself. As far as I can understand your initial point you have a gripe about the nature of these powers and want to have them changed up but I do not see a reason why.

why are we trying to argue established lore anyway?

Fragments

Think ye that there is only one Death? No, for there are three, and therein is a great Mystery. For there is the death of the Body, the death of the Spirit, and the death of Containment. A wise servant of the Black Emperor can move between the states, like a bead upon an abacus or a firefly among the dead grass. One who embraces the three deaths never truly dies, but draws upon the pools of Body, Spirit, and Essence as energy. It is said by some that the false houses of men and giants and angels wield their own three energies, but we know this to be false. The only energy is Death and his three faces.

why are we trying to argue established lore anyway?
I was hoping some things weren't set in stone yet but message received, no biggie ✌

I believe this game is going to change our conception of "life" in general. Some things we are simply gonna have to wait and see what comes of it. I think that's one of them.