OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jan 10, 2020
Michigan
www.twitch.tv
Drop any and all suggestions for things that you would like to see added in the future to this thread so they won't get lost. Some may be obvious and will most likely already be in the works to be added but others might be fresh ideas!

Kill Counter
Round Counter
Timers - how long you have been going.
- Possible count down timer to make a challenge mode - each kill / round complete adds time to your clock, clock runs out game over.
Weapon variety
Magic, essence added
a small set of Tarot cards to play with.
Enemy - formations, variety and tactics.
Online or in game leaderboard.
in game feedback / bug report button.

- Photo Mode
- Ability to change enemies aggression on/off/increase
- Ability to create waves of our own
- Blocking and/or dodge roll/sidestep

Reactions: punkintheband
1. Please add a jump button.
2. Enemy AI needs to be improved. There was multiple time where enemies would just run away, or run in circles. There was also a bug I found where if a enemy spawns on top of another enemy, the first enemy just buged out and flew away.
3. This will probably seem dumb but I'm really hoping you guys add attributes in the final product.
4. I'm not sure about the card system. It will probably be good and I trust the devs but just my personal opinion any time someone says "card system" I instantly think of games like magic and Back 4 Blood. I really didn't like the idea of collecting cards to gain special bonuses in Back 4 Blood and to be honest, it kinda impacted my overall enjoyment of the game. Maybe consider changing the name of the "card system" because although it seems superficial, if you turned it into some kind of ability system that you can perk into, it would instantly be much more enjoyable to me. Choice is important in a RPG. If the cards are abilities you find randomly or are apart of some loot box system its going to turn alot of players off.
5. Combat needs to be more fluid. A perfect combination of combo attacks and abilities is crucial. At the moment this game isn't fun. The enemies will literally attack one at a time making combat more of chore than anything else. It's hard to explain but let's use Soul Reaver as a example. In Soul Reaver there was no reason what so ever for you to engage in combat. The only reason to fight in that game was to regain health, but im combat you tend lose health. When I play that game I avoid as many fights as possible because the combat was pointless. For Deadhaus to be successful this ABSOLUTELY can not happen. I would recommend adding some kind countering system into the game. I would also recommend making those counter abilities be class specific which would only add much needed depth and character to the combat. Let me give you a example. Say your playing as lich. You are surrounded by five enemies, they lunge at you. You counter and quickly kill one guard. You then use your ability to get the now dead enemy to fight by your side momentarily. Say two other enemies were right behind you. The now reborn enemy swings his sword as you the player duck and the two enemies behind you get decapitated as you use some kind spell to hurl the last two enemies at each other who then "accidentally" kill one another. As you laugh at how easy that was you turn around and now there is twenty other guards who have showed up BUT it's ok because at least this time you have five pawns on the battlefield to help you. This would also give the player to experiment with other classes because they could all have different play styles.
6. Maybe I'm just stupid but is there no lock on targeting in the game?
7. The game needs more blood. The combat in a game that is this dark should be much more visceral and grotesque. For example people should be having limbs chopped off, getting their souls sucked out of there body, and running in fear after you've taken down multiple enemies. We are playing as the dead, not as the living. We should be able to fight like monsters not like a medieval knight. If we wanted to play as a knight we would play For Honor.

There is more I could expand on but this is getting rather lengthy so I'll stop here for now. Please understand I'm just some guy on the internet so WTF do I know? I'm not a dev and I'm sure you guys will make this great I'm just trying to help. If you read all this thank you for your time

• Dislike
Reactions: Lord Scara
2. Enemy AI needs to be improved. There was multiple time where enemies would just run away, or run in circles. There was also a bug I found where if a enemy spawns on top of another enemy, the first enemy just buged out and flew away.
They have already stated that they plan to work on the AI
4. I'm not sure about the card system. It will probably be good and I trust the devs but just my personal opinion any time someone says "card system" I instantly think of games like magic and Back 4 Blood. I really didn't like the idea of collecting cards to gain special bonuses in Back 4 Blood and to be honest, it kinda impacted my overall enjoyment of the game. Maybe consider changing the name of the "card system" because although it seems superficial, if you turned it into some kind of ability system that you can perk into, it would instantly be much more enjoyable to me. Choice is important in a RPG. If the cards are abilities you find randomly or are apart of some loot box system its going to turn alot of players off.
The card system is called the "tarot cards system" which is a reference to blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
pentalich.png

Pentalich of Tarot​

"A medley of death and evisceration. Let fate choose my enemy's demise."―Kain —

The card system has been planned for a very long time each class will have 72+ cards to find throughout the game world.
Each of the cards will be for a different skill/ability.
The cards will not be purchasable via loot boxes system
Will be setup to have 20-30ish different points to choose from but more than that availible so you will have to pick and chose how you want to use the cards.
Some cards will be harder to obtain and / or unique literal "one of a kind" cards.
this whole system was put together to break down the "META" aspect of gameplay where everyone plays a game with a lot of abilities and only 3-4 of them become used.

5. Combat needs to be more fluid. A perfect combination of combo attacks and abilities is crucial. At the moment this game isn't fun.
This is literally a TECH demo, and goes along with your #2 statement. more is already planned on being added this demo is not for deadhaus, it was put out to show of the O3DE engine.

6. Maybe I'm just stupid but is there no lock on targeting in the game?
Nope, was never planned to have any aim assist.

7. The game needs more blood.
They stated they had to tone it down for the tech demo (it's what they are sending out to the other developers to show off the engine)
There will be plenty

They have already stated that they plan to work on the AI

The card system is called the "tarot cards system" which is a reference to blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
View attachment 989

Pentalich of Tarot​

"A medley of death and evisceration. Let fate choose my enemy's demise."―Kain —

The card system has been planned for a very long time each class will have 72+ cards to find throughout the game world.
Each of the cards will be for a different skill/ability.
The cards will not be purchasable via loot boxes system
Will be setup to have 20-30ish different points to choose from but more than that availible so you will have to pick and chose how you want to use the cards.
Some cards will be harder to obtain and / or unique literal "one of a kind" cards.
this whole system was put together to break down the "META" aspect of gameplay where everyone plays a game with a lot of abilities and only 3-4 of them become used.

This is literally a TECH demo, and goes along with your #2 statement. more is already planned on being added this demo is not for deadhaus, it was put out to show of the O3DE engine.

Nope, was never planned to have any aim assist.

They stated they had to tone it down for the tech demo (it's what they are sending out to the other developers to show off the engine)
There will be plenty
i don't thing a targeting system would ever work for this kind of game where you are fighting a lot of enemies at a time, and are aiming on hitting a lot of them with a single attack. Its like suggesting a targeting system for the old god of war games, kind of

i don't thing a targeting system would ever work for this kind of game where you are fighting a lot of enemies at a time, and are aiming on hitting a lot of them with a single attack. Its like suggesting a targeting system for the old god of war games, kind of
There's always a um well actually person in every forum ever isn't there? Calm down slow flake I wasn't talking crap just giving constructive criticism. I even ended this post with "but what do I know? I'm just a guy on the internet" and you still couldn't help yourself jesus

It is very good to hear this perspective. It is not random as you might think at all, but we will work towards making sure gamers understand the core concept.

Drop any and all suggestions for things that you would like to see added in the future to this thread so they won't get lost. Some may be obvious and will most likely already be in the works to be added but others might be fresh ideas!

Kill Counter
Round Counter
Timers - how long you have been going.
- Possible count down timer to make a challenge mode - each kill / round complete adds time to your clock, clock runs out game over.
Weapon variety
Magic, essence added
a small set of Tarot cards to play with.
Enemy - formations, variety and tactics.
Online or in game leaderboard.
in game feedback / bug report button.
ok so, if there's one thing that really bothered me about the demo (aside from not being able to play it) was all the hustle we had to go through to get to open it. I hope that with the next demos, you will just be able to open it through your desktop like a normal app

In its current state I honestly do not consider the demo to have anything to do with the game. The combat system as presented is extremely rudimentary with only basic movement and a single attack button.

If I had to expand the combat system in steps from the current version the first thing would be to have a proper step forward with each sword swing.

The second would be some kind of defensive move - it can be either a dodge or defend button or both.

The third - have the enemy utilize the defensive move as well.

Fourth - add some attack variety. Even if all the attacks are to be bound to a single button it is still possible to add some variety - hold the button for a heavy attack for example or a slight pause before continuing the combo to change it to an alternative combo, a dodge forward followed by an attack button could also result in a lunging thrust.

Fifth - add some interactivity with the enemies and the different types of attacks and defenses. Have the heavy attacks break through enemies in the defend state and maybe then can stun enemies hit with them. Have the defend move being used just before an enemy attack lands result in a parry that opens the enemy for riposte. Have the ability to dodge around a defending enemy to get to their and attack them quickly from there. Etc.

Sixth - add more enemy types. Get archers in there. Add options to deal with them like some kind of ranged attack, possibly running, maybe some kind of grapple shot that pulls you toward a target.

Seventh - at this point the combat would be pretty fleshed out but possibly add jumping. If you are ambitious then add some kind of cleaving downwards attack when you are in the air. If you are extremely ambitious then add knock-ups, air attacks and air juggling. At this point we are getting very heavily into a Devil May Cry territory.

Eight - reenable the skill and resource systems, have fun recombining the elements from the base that was built before that.

There's always a um well actually person in every forum ever isn't there? Calm down slow flake I wasn't talking crap just giving constructive criticism. I even ended this post with "but what do I know? I'm just a guy on the internet" and you still couldn't help yourself jesus

Just a reminder:

By joining this server you agree to follow these rules:

1. No Racism, Harassment, Discrimination of any kind on this discord. Please leave your political and religious views at the door.
2. Respect the staff and others at all times. You are welcome to have debates and critical discussions but keep it civil. No name calling, personal attacks or any other disruptive behavior.
3. No Spam.
4. No advertisements without express permission. (i.e. Twitch streams, Youtube Channel promotion, etc)
5. Memes are fine, but no NSFW content.
6. Most importantly have fun!

Hope I'm not coming out as a butt hole but it seems like a lot of the criticism here is directed at improving the demo rather than improving deadhaus. Waves, timers, all those things are cool but I think there should be more criticism about the core gameplay..... But what do I know, haven't really played it

Hope I'm not coming out as a butt hole but it seems like a lot of the criticism here is directed at improving the demo rather than improving deadhaus. Waves, timers, all those things are cool but I think there should be more criticism about the core gameplay..... But what do I know, haven't really played it
Uh... You do realize that this thread is made explicitly to suggest features for the demo, not for Deadhaus itself, right? That is what it says in the thread title.

Reactions: Temuldjin
We were specifically asked to offer suggestions for the demo. Some are for fun yes but easily added. Others are to help with testing gameplay mechanics. Other systems for the game will be implemented in future updates.

Full Disclosure: I haven't played the demo (watched it on youtube) but its not for lack of trying, maybe my hardware isn't enough (1050 ti) and I never even heard of github before this. That being said I'd like to throw in my two cents over having a targeting system or not, perhaps a middle ground.

Allow us to lock onto a target if we want to and alter the attack based on whether we are locked onto said opponent or not. When you aren't locked on to anything your attacks are broad and easily capable of hitting more than one target if they are in the strike's path; but the potential damage is reduced or put on a bell curve (delivering the most damage in the center with a gradually decrease the further away the hit occurs from there). When you target someone the breadth of your attack is narrower and focused on them, maximizing the potential damage dealt in each strike but limiting that damage to mostly the one being targeted with the possibility of hitting others greatly reduced.

Last edited:
Honestly if you are not a programmer of any kind or at least software development adjacent in some way you have no reason to know what git is. If you are a programmer though then you have no excuse to not know what it is :D

• Funny
Reactions: Livin
Full Disclosure: I haven't played the demo (watched it on youtube) but its not for lack of trying, maybe my hardware isn't enough (1050 ti) and I never even heard of github before this. That being said I'd like to throw in my two cents over having a targeting system or not, perhaps a middle ground.
For your information: your hardware is indeed not enough, it requires a 1080 as its minimum, since this build is not optimized.

Viewing as a tech demo:

-Appears the closest enemy(ies) are the ones being attacked.
-The atmosphere.
-The music
-Enemies cowering away. Makes you more susceptible to back attacks if you chase them. Also makes you have to engage them.

Improvements:
-Characters abilities, attacks and movements. (Rolling, juke moves, blocking)
-Although I like how the enemy jiggers as he loses consciousness, one leg goes behind him making the leg appear as though it falls through the floor.
Varik had a fantastic idea about enemy formations and tactics.

The biggest improvement I have seen since the start of Deadhaus is the graphics hands down. The art direction of the game is something I am looking forward to. The one thing I was hoping to see in the demo is at least one ability use, however I was unable to find any, so if I missed a button or sequence my bad. The only issue I really had with the demo is the lack of character attacks or abilities to try.

Keep working hard team, it's much appreciated.

While not running gtx1080, (rx590), for tech demo, pretty nice to finally dip physical toes into the world Deadhaus.

Understanding this is a very simple tech demo. It would be nice to have more player movement like jump and evade/roll. While I love this sword art I hope that the players will have use of (super)natural attacks such as bare knuckles or claws depending on playing creature. Also, and I'm sure this and my prior suggestions mentioned have been addressed or touched on in other post, bust some way of healing natural to the player type would be nice.

Other than these thoughts loving the looks, general atmosphere and feel of the demo. Ran alright on my rx590.

Cheers and keep it up.

Reactions: Varik Keldun
Hey Deadhaus family!
Here's my list of thoughts and features that I wrote down within my first hours of testing.

To begin, I'd like to see more synergy between attacks. I want to see the heavy attacks flow into the light attack combo and vice versa. This would accompany well with variations in the heavy attack animations depending on what place in the combo you unleash the heavy. As the heavy charge mechanics stand, if they were to remain as is they needs some changes. For starters they need more range to actually be useful. You could potentially step into it. The wind up isn't worth the pay off. Let's talk about some satisfaction changes. I wanted to feel like I had more of a capability to influence the larger mass of enemies. Not necessarily to annihilate them but I really couldn't fight more than the three front enemies without using my R ability. Stepping into the heavies would've helped. A combo to do a broader sweep or something similar would've helped. The ability to blend skills and attacks fluently would certainly help.

Continuing with what I said last, let's speak of blending abilities and skills. I have some things that, continuously throughout play, kept coming up in my head and I couldn't help but want to do. Whenever I blasted my opponents into the air with my R ability, I really wanted to be able to use Q to bloodsuck and suspend an oponent in the air while drinking their blood. This would've been really satisfying and fulfilling. You fight off a wave and throw the last guy in the air, suspending him with your vampiric might and sucking him dry. He falls to the ground lifelessly and satisfyingly to say the least. Like, I really really felt like I needed this. I even tried it a couple times. Next on my list of things that I just kept wishing I could do, and really detracted from the experience and satisfaction by not existing, was finishers. Not necessarily a finisher by nature, but I severely felt that combat was lacking a viable way to heal mid combat. I constantly felt myself running out of combat to distance myself. Whenever I was low on health there wasn't really a good way to top up without going far enough away to bloodsuck. Time and time again I really felt like I needed a way to just grab a guy and bite his neck and suck him dry. A close range alternative would be fantastic, and I would love to see a similar mechanic implemented. Both of those also fit into the category of satisfaction and synergy. Without adding a bunch of different attacks and abilities, and even weapons I feel like there is so much more that could be done with what already exists. I had a really fun time so far. Honestly speaking though, I really was urged for just a bit more satisfaction.

Another area that I considered important to talk about was my experience with enemies. I found that I was constantly being surrounded by enemies. If I was really trying to be diverse in my combat approach more times than not I would get bodyblocked by a stack of guys around me. I wasn't incentivized to use tools beyond the good ones or work them in because of the undefined fluidity and synergy at the moment. I don't think being surrounded and bodyblocked is as important as the other comments, especially with the other additions suggested. I also want to suggest more interactions with the opponents animation wise. I think I focused a lot on the overall feel and satisfaction/fluidity of combat, and having some bumping and shoving here and there feels essential. Either the soldiers are mortified of you and keep a little more of a distance, similar to how the opponents in Assasin's creed stand off in a circle around you, or there's some headbutting shoving and stumbles.

On a lighter note, I really think the atmospherics and sound design have huge potential. This was supposed to be a combat tech demo, and I still couldn't help but pay close attention to the little design choices with the sounds. The heartbeats in the background crafts an incredible workspace for atmospheric development. In the future I would like to see it more dynamic. Whether the bpm is affected by setting, health, enemy count, or something else. Even if the mechanic is similar but varies depending on class. Vampires and more physical realm based creatures can hone in on heartbeats while Wraiths and spiritual entities can hone in on racing thoughts and dismay. I really liked what I can only decree are little homages to LoK. Like the drinking sounds when you enter the spirit realm. The vampiric laughter every now and then during the impending slaughter. Even hitting an enemy repeatedly sounds just like the combo attacks in Blood Omen 2.

(This could also serve as a TLDR) ||
\/

To conclude, I am having a wonderful time in the technical test! It's great to really sink my conspicuously pointy teeth in and try it myself. The little details and atmospheric choices are absolutely on point. That being said, I think the atmosphere and story have the potential to completely overshadow the combat if it isn't taken seriously. As much as I am a fan, I wan't to give the most honest opinion I can so you guys have some really good input to work off of! As I was saying before this is a combat oriented demo. The things that felt the most solid to me were the atmospheric and sound designs chosen. Everything else seems to be a very vague foundation for what could be a stunning mansion. Throughout my playtime I found myself testing the various kit elements provided to me in the demo. Some of the abilities stuck, and others did not. Becoming surrounded quickly became a problem when trying to incorporate some of the less powerful abilities into my routine. When crafting my fighting style I was left desperately craving additional helpings of synergy and fluidity. I didn't feel as though there were things lacking so to speak, just that I hadn't been provided enough options to use my tools effectively. A combination of attacks here and a tweak or more there would certainly have promised the satisfaction I was left to only dream of. I dreamt of combos, and lunges. Suspended enemies and close
combat heals. Combo chains and Ability mix-ups. A push, a shove, and the clashing of heads in combat. All of which were just beyond my reach. Beyond my reach, and just enough to quench my thirst for the time being. Overall the technical demo showed promise in it's establishment of immersive settings, sounds, mechanics, and design choices, establishing nostalgia and provoking ideas and hopes for the future, but left me with a longing for what is hopefully lurking around the corner.

How could you tease me with the bat person
Sincerely with bloodlust in my eyes
~VampiricTybrus
(the ty stands for typo as in Vamiric)

Last edited: