NinjaMortis

Long Dead
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Old World
Harbinger
Apr 27, 2021
www.twitch.tv
forgive me I'm not very good at writing stories or just writing at all period but I have a character idea I'd like to share...

So Maercs Ni Raef was a doctor in ancient Egypt to the Pharaoh as well as a skilled artisan who also did Embalmings for the mummification that is essential for rebirth. after the pharaohs death he was tasked with his resurrection which he successfully accomplished Just not with the out come they were looking for. He had created a monster a mindless ghoul that had to be put down. He was blamed and punished for the curse he inflicted and in the most violent way possible... he was mummified alive

Bound in tight black wrapping so he couldn't move they unleashed excruciating torment upon his soul screaming and writhing they cut out his tongue and shoved it back in backwards so none one would understand him in the afterlife, removed and jared all his organs and filled his veins with black ink finally nailing his limbs to the inside of a Black sarcophagus so that he could not be found or escape...

Thought to be cursed his body and remains were completely removed from the continent to europe where it lay hidden for thousands of years until it was finally discovered by rats... (the black death)

from here i want to tie conditions for him to resurrect as a liche using the bubonic plague death count and the corruption of living human souls during the 17th century when europeans were eating mummys

Maercs Ni Reaf is Scream in Fear backwards the thing he tells all his victims in an ancient language he can only speak backwards like a record playing in reverse

well that's as much as i have worked out for now all feedback and criticism are greatly welcome.

Reactions: Golden Xan
Undead coming from curses and age-old circumstances is an interesting idea, rather than the majority of stories we have created as a community, where we usually see a person recently turning.

This is cool by itself for a character or story. However, Malorum does not exist on Earth, it is a separate planet entirely, maybe even on another galaxy. There surely will be places inspired by locations on Earth, like Egypt itself, but not Egypt specifically. You could easily adapt it to the Malorum universe over time, either making up locations or using the ones already existing.

A human seeking to immortalize his master ends up creating a variant of undead way before undead were common is a nice concept.

Now, if you really want to get into the lore of Deadhaus and use it as inspiration, each undead class is formed in specific ways. Liches are wizards who transform themselves into undead, the only undead to do this. Ghouls are formed by merging a spirit of hunger with a host over time, on cannibalistic rituals, not necessarily on purpose or with that intent.

There are other forms of undead, not belonging to any specific class we have in the Trinary Archetype, which your idea could easily fit into (these are not defined). But you could also adapt your idea to something more in line with the lore available on the website itself. Or leave it as it is, for what it is. Up to you.

Undead coming from curses and age-old circumstances is an interesting idea, rather than the majority of stories we have created as a community, where we usually see a person recently turning.

This is cool by itself for a character or story. However, Malorum does not exist on Earth, it is a separate planet entirely, maybe even on another galaxy. There surely will be places inspired by locations on Earth, like Egypt itself, but not Egypt specifically. You could easily adapt it to the Malorum universe over time, either making up locations or using the ones already existing.

A human seeking to immortalize his master ends up creating a variant of undead way before undead were common is a nice concept.

Now, if you really want to get into the lore of Deadhaus and use it as inspiration, each undead class is formed in specific ways. Liches are wizards who transform themselves into undead, the only undead to do this. Ghouls are formed by merging a spirit of hunger with a host over time, on cannibalistic rituals, not necessarily on purpose or with that intent.

There are other forms of undead, not belonging to any specific class we have in the Trinary Archetype, which your idea could easily fit into (these are not defined). But you could also adapt your idea to something more in line with the lore available on the website itself. Or leave it as it is, for what it is. Up to you.
Oh yeah definitely I just used earthy places and history as a starting point as I am not as familiar with deadhaus lore yet but I felt i could closely tie them together from the black pyramids image. Oh yeah thanks for the feedback I'm going to dig more into the lore and try to flesh it out more if i can I'm not usually very good at that though more of a rough concept guy ha!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Golden Xan