So far from all this it started as a restaurant, that then turned into the idea of what social societies might look like
this is true.
I know some people are super picky about the thread a conversation runs, I've never been one for that. I was on a pathfinder discord recently where if something deviated from a channels purpose for even 1 sentence a bunch of the community would shout how it has to go somewhere else (like some sort of weird power move or something), it wasn't even the moderators (who one would think are the primary folks in charge of maintaining things). To me that whole notion just stifles interactional and creativity, which is like, the opposite of what I think the goal should be in creative endeavors surrounding RP stuff, but any creative endeavor really
the reason people get super picky about threads going off topic is because it does not pertain to the thread itself.... in this case when someone is browsing the forums they see...

The Restaurant (concept)​

a restaurant where ghouls are not only the wait staff, but also the cooks, Revenants are bouncers, there are clean tables and private booths....

They come to read, analyze and comment about the said topic of interest....

It is not about Stifling interaction or creativity, it IS more about proper format and courtesy.

A new thread SHOULD have been started about other options for gathering places - Market, meeting halls ect... rather than hey go read up on "the restaurant" for information pertaining to any and all discussion about social structure and how the undead should and could possibly live together.

I am done reading / commenting in this post as it has gone to far from the original concept which I did comment and criticize on. Gave Lore/setting related counter arguments, which in turn sparked into a dumpster fire.

• Funny
Reactions: Purple Gryphon
I am not sure about the whole restaurant idea but there will certainly be meeting places to work out treaties or plan events. If you have not yet read Seven Suns. It really sets a great scene and an idea of how the factions interact. https://deadhaussonata.com/lore/
I have read that. I think that is A cannon example, not the only possible way that it can exist with in the scope of the game. It's entirely possible that entire thing is something super common, or entirely out of the ordinary, and in both cases that doesn't eliminate other possible interactions from existing, rather, in both cases it necessitates the expectation that other interaction types exist that don't follow the same format.

@Varik Keldun I totally hear you and as a previous manager of the Too Human forum it is a great idea but hard to implement. If a thread goes more than 2 pages and stays on the topic it is a triumph.

Reactions: klokwerkaos