Raziel103

Ripe
OG 2020
Oct 22, 2020
hi, this is my 1st post here and i want to talk aout the vampire class gameplay.
i seen some of the old videos about the vampire class and how he play and i want to note that the class for now feel like traditional action rpg class in both in both visual and gameplay, he felt for me more like a Diablo Barbarian with whirlwind, charges and rolling to dodge attacks not a scary Vampire that you should run away from him.
this game have unique classes that non of the other action rpg have and i think there is many cool ways to represent this classes.

i have some idea's that could keep the gameplay the same with small changes and give visual changes in the animations that could make the vmpires feel like vampire

- instead of rolling to dodge attack maybe the vampire could bink so he transform to mist or small bats and teleport to the location of the rolling.
- for the charge there is 2 ways i can think of to how this ability could make the vamp look like a real vamp, the 1st is the vamp open his hidden wing and fly to the charge trget or transform to many small bats like the blink and hit all the targets in his way.
- i understand that weapon change abilities but i think whirlwind to fit a vampire so if you want melee AoE ability the vamp can summon pack of small bats around him deal aoe damge around him and he still can cast other abilities or transform to bats wich that keep him untargetable for small duration and for sure deal aoe damge, also in both this ways he can also life steal from that damge. (this ability inspired from Mal'gnis a hero in blizzard moba hroes of the storm, you also may take look at Leoric from the same game who look so much like this game Revenant)

i am big fan of dark fantasy and i hope you guys have huge succes with this game !

hi, this is my 1st post here and i want to talk aout the vampire class gameplay.
i seen some of the old videos about the vampire class and how he play and i want to note that the class for now feel like traditional action rpg class in both in both visual and gameplay, he felt for me more like a Diablo Barbarian with whirlwind, charges and rolling to dodge attacks not a scary Vampire that you should run away from him.
this game have unique classes that non of the other action rpg have and i think there is many cool ways to represent this classes.

i have some idea's that could keep the gameplay the same with small changes and give visual changes in the animations that could make the vmpires feel like vampire

- instead of rolling to dodge attack maybe the vampire could bink so he transform to mist or small bats and teleport to the location of the rolling.
- for the charge there is 2 ways i can think of to how this ability could make the vamp look like a real vamp, the 1st is the vamp open his hidden wing and fly to the charge trget or transform to many small bats like the blink and hit all the targets in his way.
- i understand that weapon change abilities but i think whirlwind to fit a vampire so if you want melee AoE ability the vamp can summon pack of small bats around him deal aoe damge around him and he still can cast other abilities or transform to bats wich that keep him untargetable for small duration and for sure deal aoe damge, also in both this ways he can also life steal from that damge. (this ability inspired from Mal'gnis a hero in blizzard moba hroes of the storm, you also may take look at Leoric from the same game who look so much like this game Revenant)

i am big fan of dark fantasy and i hope you guys have huge succes with this game !
I love this. I know the old gameplay is being redone, but I do hope that there is more that sets the vampire class/this game apart from the rest. The old combat was kind of generic and didn't impress me. I'm eagerly awaiting the changes and I really do hope to see more unique movement involved in the combat, and these ideas are really cool!

oh I have a feeling you will enjoy what's been said that is coming down the pipeline.

Hi @Raziel103 ,

Welcome to the forums and great 1st post! I agree with @Faceless Mike, as I think you will like what we will be showing soon. The prototype combat shown before was just testing to see what we liked and what we did not. Although we might not have come up with exactly what you have listed as solutions, the spirit is exactly aligned. When you combine this with the state system for all undead:
we will hopefully satisfy what you are looking for with differentiation in all the classes. Let us know as we continue to roll them out and start to show the gameplay.

Hi @Raziel103 ,

Welcome to the forums and great 1st post! I agree with @Faceless Mike, as I think you will like what we will be showing soon. The prototype combat shown before was just testing to see what we liked and what we did not. Although we might not have come up with exactly what you have listed as solutions, the spirit is exactly aligned. When you combine this with the state system for all undead:
we will hopefully satisfy what you are looking for with differentiation in all the classes. Let us know as we continue to roll them out and start to show the gameplay.
Thank you for your response, i kinda get what you aiming for here, and this made me have many more questions about the gamelay and the classes states.
I am really excited for this game because this days is rare to see game try different new thing in video games.

Thank you for your response, i kinda get what you aiming for here, and this made me have many more questions about the gamelay and the classes states.
I am really excited for this game because this days is rare to see game try different new thing in video games.
My pleasure. I am glad you are excited - we are too! Thank you for being part of our community and participating to help make the game better. We aim to change the way people experience games and with contributions like yours and others here in the community, I am confident we will do just that. Please spread the word!

Reactions: Raziel103