All modern societies are built upon the myths and legends of the past. Before there was science, it was stories of gods and heroes that explained the often harsh realities of nature. Many of the myths still resonating within European and North American cultures come from the Norse people-a people who had to learn to live within some of the harshest environments on our planet.

We began this project by asking ourselves, what if the myths were true? What if these gods and heroes and monsters did exist and the folk stories were an attempt by the average citizens to explain extraordinary events and figures beyond their understanding? With these questions as our starting point, we then set out to create entertaining, and yet still plausible, answers. If the Norse myths were all based on truth, then we would have to assume many of the details behind the stories became skewed and confused over time and through thousands of retellings.

In Profiles of the Future, Arthur C. Clarke said, ” Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” What if the magic spoken of in the legends was simply technology above and beyond the comprehension of normal men of the time? What if the monsters described in the myths were actually complex machines? The story of Too Human is essentially a reinterpretation of the myths that are the foundation of our present society. We believe reinterpretations of the past can encourage people to reexamine the present course of their society and perhaps rethink where they wish future paths to lead.

—Silicon Knights, 2008

Last edited:
Denis Dyack

Denis Dyack

Founder
Ok I am not breathing right now. Is this real?!?!?!?!? I can put my disk in the xbox one and I can play TOO HUMAN? Tell me this is not a dream. I have been holding my 360 just so I can play.

Is there any chance you could increase the character slots so I can move all my saved characters? I know too much to ask....

• In Love
Reactions: Denis Dyack
Ok I am not breathing right now. Is this real?!?!?!?!? I can put my disk in the xbox one and I can play TOO HUMAN? Tell me this is not a dream. I have been holding my 360 just so I can play.

Is there any chance you could increase the character slots so I can move all my saved characters? I know too much to ask....

Yes, it is real :) - enjoy my friend. Sorry, we cannot increase the slots. Diving back in the code would likely require a complete re-mastering of everything and would not happen fast.

Sorry not been around much but watching with interest. Working on a side side project to get NYC to require use of electric school buses. Tough road but we have a bill in city council and enough votes to pass. Waiting on Mayor who is more interested in his presidential campaign. Ugh

Reactions: Denis Dyack
Sorry not been around much but watching with interest. Working on a side side project to get NYC to require use of electric school buses. Tough road but we have a bill in city council and enough votes to pass. Waiting on Mayor who is more interested in his presidential campaign. Ugh

No worries and good luck man! The school buses seem like an excellent cause!

I have to admit I was surprised about this announcement... Does this mean that things are now settled with epic?

Also Hi everybody, like a bad smell I have returned.

Played World Serpent last night. Memories. Even saw a few old friends log in to play TH.
:D

Is MS going to give you any stats like downloads or hours played? If fans show enough interest would make a better arguement for TH 2.....

I thought this was a really smart move for you guys at SK, like it's been hard but this gave me a lot of hope.

Tons of people have never heard of this game and no one is going to buy an old system and an old game just to check something out.

Also the MP aspects of Too Human being ahead of the time and the 360 being terrible for that, it's tailor made for the online competitive always scene and
is good marketing for Deadhaus being similar.

I've already been playing and started a few new characters. Also had a few friends download it to start playing some co op. So glad to see one of my all time favorite games become BC. Can't wait for the continuation of the series Denis. You know how much I love this game and always will.