OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Oct 11, 2020
First I created this thread because I dont see one about visuals. Many may be lost in the "anything about" thread.
Second the visuals of the demo so far are amazing and only get better as time moves on.
Adding anything that isnt on the docket of course would add time especially for something that isnt necessary by any means. I just love the way things look and would love to to see some other things potentially in the future.

One of the biggest things I keep thinking with all the blood spilling over the floor, is that it reminds me of those blood rituals alters where the has channels in it that the blood of the sacrifice flows through around and down. every time I enter the arena I think about the round center and how it would be really cool if it was a channel that the blood over time fills up. This could also go into other areas in the arena floor like runes and such engraved in the ground that fill up with blood when you are fighting in that area. I dont know how hard that would be to do, but in my mind it just adds a little bit more depth to something that it already getting deeper and deeper.

I actually really like the idea, but I'm also thinking it might be a little over the top to focus on that level of detail for this specific area of the game ( when this gets added as the combat arena under the capital later on ) or maybe later on it makes sense to add it I dunno, that level of detail and " blood technology " sounds like something that would take weeks to make though. ( me guessing I have no idea how long it would take )

would I love to see something like that in the game? yes, is it something they should focus on right now? properly not, at least that's what I'm thinking.

Reactions: Denis Dyack
No. Seriously, stop, this is getting ridiculous. We do not need blood flow mechanics over the groves on the floor. It is pointless. It would also be incredibly time consuming to develop. And even if it is developed it would be useless in most cases because in the game we are not going to stand in one room with heavily ornamented floor but we will be exploring a world and fighting in a variety of locales and conditions.

• Informative
Reactions: Denis Dyack
No. Seriously, stop, this is getting ridiculous. We do not need blood flow mechanics over the groves on the floor. It is pointless. It would also be incredibly time consuming to develop. And even if it is developed it would be useless in most cases because in the game we are not going to stand in one room with heavily ornamented floor but we will be exploring a world and fighting in a variety of locales and conditions.
No i wont stop, Seriously. Its almost like what i said was completely overlooked. These threads are for feedback and i was sharing a thought on visuals. I even prefaced that i know it would take extra time to do something

not planned and/or not necessary.

There is an amazing thing that happens when a group of individuals share thoughts about something. Sometimes people think of ideas that others havent that just might add some more depth to an already beautiful game.

Based on what you said there might as well not be rocks on the ground or bark on the trees. Thats a silly take on visuals. Tons of time and intent go into art and design.

Reactions: Temuldjin
No i wont stop, Seriously. Its almost like what i said was completely overlooked. These threads are for feedback and i was sharing a thought on visuals. I even prefaced that i know it would take extra time to do something

not planned and/or not necessary.

There is an amazing thing that happens when a group of individuals share thoughts about something. Sometimes people think of ideas that others havent that just might add some more depth to an already beautiful game.

Based on what you said there might as well not be rocks on the ground or bark on the trees. Thats a silly take on visuals. Tons of time and intent go into art and design.
You shared an idea and I shared what I think of that idea. If I think something is pointless and will cause a tremendous amount of work for next-to-zero return then I will say so. I do not want a Deadhaus Citizen on our hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: antonismar2
You shared an idea and I shared what I think of that idea. If I think something is pointless and will cause a tremendous amount of work for next-to-zero return then I will say so. I do not want a Deadhaus Citizen on our hands.
Wow there's some beef going on here. While I agree with you elveone practically speaking, it should be noted that many of the ideas on the forums are just that. Crazy ideas that will never get implement or might lead to better ideas. But I understand your frustration. Sometimes it seems many people in the community think too much about meaningless things or don't understand game design and what the game really need to be truly successful and enjoyable

Criticizing an idea is not the same thing as criticizing the person proposing the idea. I have no ill will against anybody on the forums, I just dislike the proposition.

My thoughts on this.
It is an interesting concept, made me think of the movie blade, and summoning the blood god thing that Frost was doing.
Does it have the potential to be part of the game? Sure!
Does it need to be in the Demo? not really.
Should it be a main focus for most of the game? No, doesn't make sense to have random blood runes all over the place. (as Elveone said)
Could there be a special area / secret to unlock that would require spilling enough blood to activate some runes to access? This seems like what I would shoot for if it were designed and added to the game.

I dont care of someone doesnt like an idea that is shared, but the first response to say no stop in a space where ideas are welcome is a little aggressive.

But i feel like everyone is taking it maybe farther than i even see it in my mind. There are no mechanics no crazy things to develop. Just a channel that fills with blood. And again all this was with a pretense of it being an addition of time and not necessary.

But some people do like the art some people do focus on what a game looks like.
If the channel of blood in my mind was already there, i would find it very hard to believe one person would say that was a ridiculous idea and a waste of time.

Well, sometimes someone has to say "No, don't do that, stop and think about it". A lot of small additions that require way too much time to develop and provide not nearly enough payoff for the work required is how you get feature creep. We already have blood splatters that grew to puddles with puddle merging system for nearby puddles. We do not actually need realtime blood liquid simulation to fill in the groves in the floor - that level of detail is completely unnecessary. If we are talking a specific asset that has some kind of ritual going on on it with pre-determined animation for the blood filling it then it is a cool idea but having more dynamic mechanics to do with the blood itself is too much for a lot of reasons.

Again. Its an idea a thought of something cool IF A BIG IF there WAS time. Something i would like to see. This thread was about ideas of things if there was no constraint. But no one seems interested in that.

By your argument zero people should talk about anything visual because its not necessary at all.
It would be cool if we saw more bod....nope cause thats not necessary.
They have also already added visuals were those unnecessary cause they didnt add to the gameplay. Id bet not.

Ill delete the thread in a little while.

Love the passion everyone. Thank you for the great comments here!

We already have the blood to flow through the cracks in the queue for the development since "Theatre of Death" was first implemented as a first pass. It is just a lower priority right now compared to the more important implementations. We have several visual and gameplay mechanics planned for the blood on the floor - stay tuned! :D

There is never any harm in any suggestion. We look at everything and weigh its implementation from a cost-benefit analysis. In the case of blood through the cracks and other things with the blood on the floor, the implementation cost was high with some fantastic visual results. However, compared to many other tasks that we have with lower implementation costs and immediate gameplay benefits, it sits currently at the back of the queue.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Elveone
Again. Its an idea a thought of something cool IF A BIG IF there WAS time. Something i would like to see. This thread was about ideas of things if there was no constraint. But no one seems interested in that.

By your argument zero people should talk about anything visual because its not necessary at all.
It would be cool if we saw more bod....nope cause thats not necessary.
They have also already added visuals were those unnecessary cause they didnt add to the gameplay. Id bet not.

Ill delete the thread in a little while.
I do not get why are you treating the discussion of problems with the idea as a personal assault against you. Yes, it is true that everything requires time but some things require more time than they are worth and this mechanic in particular, if it is dynamic, requires more time than you would expect. I'm not going to apologize for pointing that out.

I do not get why are you treating the discussion of problems with the idea as a personal assault against you. Yes, it is true that everything requires time but some things require more time than they are worth and this mechanic in particular, if it is dynamic, requires more time than you would expect. I'm not going to apologize for pointing that out.
Im not taking it as a personal assault, But you are doubling down on a concept you didnt need to bring to my attention because i never said it. I understood from the get go about time and priority. Its why i said it first. Here is another one...i would love to see the werebat flying around while we are in the arena. Of course that takes time and has a priority. It also isnt as cool imo had blood channels that you say 'if' about because there were no questions for clarification. Its frustrating for it to feel like an argument from the jump and anyone who comes in this is what they see. I dont like that. I love this community and i get along with everyone that i can. This is why i would delete the thread and ill start a new one with a crystal clear explaination of time and priority. I just wanted to know some things people would love to see in what we have at our fingertips right now.

Werebat upcoming implementations:
  • Fly around the arena at times attacking enemies
  • Boss Fight
  • Full Control Form (of course)
  • Blood Moon Werebat
Keep the ideas coming.

I don't think the thread should be deleted. Always best to keep the arguments about the ideas - this way it keeps the discussion on point.

Reactions: antonismar2
  • Boss Fight
  • Blood Moon Werebat
Keep the ideas coming.

I don't think the thread should be deleted. Always best to keep the arguments about the ideas - this way it keeps the discussion on point.
Well i cant delete it now after that. Hopefully anyone who adds to this in the future can overlook the passion and and feel free to add ideas

• Boss Fight
  • Blood Moon Werebat
Keep the ideas coming.

BEANS!!

Reactions: Rx_Bishop_MD
Im not taking it as a personal assault, But you are doubling down on a concept you didnt need to bring to my attention because i never said it. I understood from the get go about time and priority. Its why i said it first. Here is another one...i would love to see the werebat flying around while we are in the arena. Of course that takes time and has a priority. It also isnt as cool imo had blood channels that you say 'if' about because there were no questions for clarification. Its frustrating for it to feel like an argument from the jump and anyone who comes in this is what they see. I dont like that. I love this community and i get along with everyone that i can. This is why i would delete the thread and ill start a new one with a crystal clear explaination of time and priority. I just wanted to know some things people would love to see in what we have at our fingertips right now.
There's a difference between "I know this would take time but I would like to see it" and "Don't do this, this would take way too much time that is not worth it". My first reply in this topic is not about telling you to shut up and not present your ideas but about the implementation of said idea. I think that everyone is free to present ideas and everyone is free to like or dislike said ideas and to elaborate on why. An argument is not a bad thing - there's a old idiom that goes to say that the truth is born in those.