I can't believe I missed this before(...)

Hah, me too. Somehow I missed the first couple of pages thinking the last one was the first one. Thanks for pointing this up!

Reactions: Livin
D4IvaIlWsAAyGAs.jpg
-Click to enlarge-

I think I asked a question if cats could play a role in DHS lol someone posted this on twitter. Could this serve as a companion on quests?

Last edited:
Reactions: Livin
I can't believe I missed this before, there will be more types of monsters to play down the line. This game is sounding more and more like Yggdrasil, from the Overlord anime, and I'm loving it.

Hah, me too. Somehow I missed the first couple of pages thinking the last one was the first one. Thanks for pointing this up!

The different houses can be seen around the portal in the original teaser trailer and on the cosmology mapping that has been dropped on the Deadhaus Sonata page of the website.

The different houses can be seen around the portal in the original teaser trailer and on the cosmology mapping that has been dropped on the Deadhaus Sonata page of the website.

This made my mind race with possibility. I counted 9 houses?

As an LOK fan that number jumps at me, 9 house for 9 pillars.

Monsters of the Dead
Monsters of the Mind
Monsters of Conflict
Monsters of Nature
Monsters of Energy
Monsters of Dimension
Monsters of Time
Monsters of States
Monsters of Balance

This made my mind race with possibility. I counted 9 houses?

As an LOK fan that number jumps at me, 9 house for 9 pillars.

Monsters of the Dead
Monsters of the Mind
Monsters of Conflict
Monsters of Nature
Monsters of Energy
Monsters of Dimension
Monsters of Time
Monsters of States
Monsters of Balance

How cool would it be playing a Timelord fighting the denizens of the outer Dimensions. Or Nature fighting Entropy Monsters from the Energy Realm. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Perennials (think something along the lines of Swamp Thing), humanoid plant monsters forged by spirits of the dead that have taken possession of the very vegetation that grew from the nourishment of their corpses and twisted it into new bodies for themselves.

Perennial probably isn't dark or bad ass enough to work, so if anyone has an alternative. Right now I'm going back and forth on Deadwoods, might work but there'd be a lot of opportunity for limp D jokes.

Edit
Researched mythological creatures and came across Assassin Vines, grows poisonous fruit and survives off of prey that it consumes after crushing them with the constriction of it's vines like a snake. Sounds like this could be an assassin class with one hell of a finishing move.

Edit to the Edit
What if they disguised themselves as humans to hid in plain sight by wearing the stitched up flesh and faces of their victims until they are challenged or come face to face with their target?

Last edited:
I suggested a class using the mechanic from the Overlord game where you direct a horde of minions that overwhelm, attack, and destroy everything before stripping it of anything of value. I didn't suggest anything in particular for what got the mechanic, but the horde from the game was made up of goblins and after watching Goblin Slayer I think it could be a goblin class. You play as a new goblin lord, towering over the lesser goblins that follow your command but still shorter than the rest of the classes,with aspirations of becoming a Goblin King.

Last edited:
People that know lore from other fantasy backgrounds what exactly would differentiate a necromancer and a lich? Would Lich be more spell damage and cc based whip the necromancer still has spells but is more minion/companion based? Or do we think they will make it so a lich or vampire can become a necromancer?

In D&D Necromancers tend to be the living that raise the dead to work for them... where-as a liche is a powerful cleric/wizard who did some really bad stuff to go on living as undead (with all its memories / spells )...

... oh and liches WILL raise the undead to work for them as well.

In D&D Necromancers tend to be the living that raise the dead to work for them... where-as a liche is a powerful cleric/wizard who did some really bad stuff to go on living as undead (with all its memories / spells )...

... oh and liches WILL raise the undead to work for them as well.
If lichee raise the undead for themselves as well wouldn’t that negate the point of having a separate necromancer class?

This thread has been dormant for awhile, but I'd really like to see maybe something like Gargoyles to fit the gothic Aesthetic? Perhaps the lore could be that they're servants of greater undead created by imbuing stone statues with lost souls. They have very little magical potential but are great physical specimens with a large essential emphasis as well?

I would like to see an incorporeal melee class. Something like a vengeful specter that possesses a weapon. The character cannot be damaged but your health constantly declines while you are in a battle. You are extremely also fast but you don't have a block, just evade and every little hit staggers you. Enemies could generally act more defensively around that kind of character. Killing an enemy slightly heals you in order to compensate for you losing health over time. So basically each battle is a race against time to see whether you can kill your enemies before you die. I think it would be an interesting change of pace especially in group play as that kind of character will be able to ignore large attacks that would normally kill another character but at the same time light attack combos that another character could shrug off easily would be far more deadly as they waste your time due to the stagger.

• Agree
Reactions: Iain Stenhouse
The concept for Gargoyles/Golems having their own house makes sense, it's also often a neglected type of supernatural creature :)

• Agree
Reactions: Denis Dyack