I'd like to expand on the slime concept I mentioned earlier. The slime is made up of multiple people that were reanimated together as a slime but share one mind now since all the brains have physically merged. The slime is covered with their bones that serves as an exoskeleton and perhaps one of the special abilities involves the bones momentarily coming together to make a golem with the slime safely sealed within it for that time.

Perhaps each of the people that make it up could function as a different class option, each serving as a branch on a skill tree if there is going to be one in the game. One person was a rogue in life, so they have skills to unlock in that class as you awaken that part of you and the same could be applied for a healer or tank branch.

Last edited:
I'd like to expand on the slime concept I mentioned earlier. The slime is made up of multiple people that were reanimated together as a slime but share one mind now since all three of their brains have physically merged. The slime is covered with their bones that serves as an exoskeleton and perhaps one of the special abilities involves the bones momentarily coming together to make a golem with the slime safely sealed within it for that time.

Perhaps each of the people that make it up could function as a different class option, each serving as a branch on a skill tree if there is going to be one in the game. One person was a rogue in life, so they have skills to unlock in that class as you awaken that part of you and the same could be applied for a healer or tank branch.
This sounds like a fun idea. Would the slime have a humanoid form? When I think slim I think how they tend to look in a jrpg

Reactions: Livin
This sounds like a fun idea. Would the slime have a humanoid form? When I think slim I think how they tend to look in a jrpg

I'd like a blob like form to keep it gruesome but something humanoid could work, even the special I mentioned where it becomes a golem of bones with the slime resting inside it could be it's natural form. It would certainly make moving simpler as I'm conflicted on how it should do that in a blob form.

Dragging itself as it slides it's mass of bones and blood like a slug sounds in keeping with the grotesque look, but no one wants to move like that all the time. At the moment the best I've come up with is it extends the various leg bones of the people that make it up, held together with residue from the slim while lifting and moving the blob around like a spider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brolnir
I would love to see something similar to the cenobites from hellraiser. Could be a sort of debuff magic user that damages themselves in order to use skills.

Would love to see a puppetmaster class that doesn't do direct damage but can control enemies (or perhaps even raise the dead as minions).
Perhaps temporarily allow you to make enemies fight amongst themselves, fear them so they run away instead of attacking the player, or buff/debuff certain enemies/players with spells (i.e. higher/lower attack/defence values).

I can't name classes because these depend too much on the lore of the game itself, and I don't know much about it, but I can talk about what sort of differences I'd like to see between them.

I would like to have each class being very different from each other from a gameplay perspective, not just in aesthetics and powers. For example:

- One class plays like a fast-paced hack and slasher with powers (Vampire).
- Another class plays like a slow and deliberate melee fighter. Devastating attacks, lots of health and armor, but slow movements, perhaps reduced mobility, and more passive than active abilities.
- Another class is a melee ability-focused character. Quick cooldowns, weaker abilities, but with a lot of continuity between them.
- Another class is ranged, with shooting mechanics, rewarding aiming skills.
- Another class is ranged but focused on the use of spells and magic to create havoc, not so much in shooting well.
- Another class plays like a strategy game, with the summoning of units or the creation of AI-controlled structures from a top-down perspective.
- Another class focuses on supportive abilities, weakening opponents or amplifying the powers of other players, perhaps even through the possession of allies and simultaneous control of them.
- Another class is a flyer, and its fighting mechanics are differentiated from the other melee characters.

And so on.

The main point is that each character feels like a unique experience, so that many people can find their place within the game and so that mastering different playstyles is rewarding and refreshing. There are numerous ways to make this happen, and yyou guys don't need to restrict yourselves to classes, but this is something I'd like to see realized.

Now, if we have to talk about supernatural creatures, I believe you already must have quite a few ideas up in your sleeves already. :)
And people made some interesting suggestions here on this thread as well.

Without entering on the mythos of the game, some differentiated characters could be:
- A human that actually fights for the forces of darkness as a necromancer, or maybe as a trained hunter;
- Demonic entities (Humanoids with scales, claws, wings, and tails);
- Undead fantasy creatures, such as dragons, trolls, etc.;
- Werewolves;
- Gargoyles (I agree with @derula very much on this);
- Zombies and skeletons (unless they are better reserved as minions);
- Horde monsters (a character that is composed of many other creatures, such as insects);
- Slithering creatures (such as snakes or worms, which travel underground and emerge to attack).

The typical horror characters such as Lichs and Wraiths must be already taken, so I won't mention them here.

Last edited:
I would like to have each class being very different from each other from a gameplay perspective, not just in aesthetics and powers.

I think that's the idea anyway. I would be really curious how far this asymmetric gameplay is taken. Like how different the different playstyles really are. Because I imagine it being very, very hard to balance well.

- Horde monsters (a character that is composed of many other creatures, such as insects);
- Slithering creatures (such as snakes or worms, which travel underground and emerge to attack).

Very cool ideas, I hope we'll see something like that in the game!

I would love a ghost class. Like just a ghost. Period. You jump in and out of bodies either instantly killing them in they are NPC horde or you take on this person abilities? Like Kirby almost.

Possess an archer nownyou have archer skills. A warrior? Yup swords etc etc

A changing creature? Not sure what classic monster lore that falls under but being able to transform into a vampire for a few seconds or the lich etc etc. same Kirby thing applies

I would love a ghost class. [...] Like Kirby almost.
A changing creature? [...] same Kirby thing applies

Heck, why not just have straight-up Kirby himself? Just differently colored balls of ultimate justice. Could be called the Star Warrior class. I'd totally main Kirby.

Reactions: Gødflesh_88
Heck, why not just have straight-up Kirby himself? Just differently colored balls of ultimate justice. Could be called the Star Warrior class. I'd totally main Kirby.
kirby-hell.jpg
I like the idea of a demonic kirby lol but maybe more spiked up textured scaley blob and that can also float as well. Not sure if the ghost banshee class will have possession abilities to control the human classes as well. What would its abilities be aside from sucking and Absorption?
EDIT: Maybe forming into objects i.e. a spiked boulder to crush a good porting of enemies on screen?

Last edited:
How about something like this 88?

images.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: Gødflesh_88
I have a slime concept on here, created from the bones and juices of multiple people buried together in a mass grave. One of the forms I came up with for it involves all the bones coming together to create a golem that seals the slime safely inside it. Perhaps it could part the bones of it's front torso and the slime projects out like tentacles, dragging whatever it grabs into itself to digest and incorporate?

Wow I didn’t think the Kirby thing would catch on lol. I did notice there’s going to be a wraith class so that might have some sort of possession for respawning?

Dead space 2 MP for the necromorphs you could jump in a vent and respawn wherever but the balance factor was you had to still wait for the respawn time.

Maybe the wraith class can have that? Jump in a grave and respawn in another area.

I think we are all thinking of PvP and not the other focuses which i guess is a looter havk and slash like diablo. Now with that having a posses a body explode them from the inside causing AOE damage would be cool:

An idea for the Pirate class Aaron talks about on the discord. I would think a Wight would make a good pirate. Wights are usually people who drowned then were resurrected by evil magic. Most of the time they're thought to be dead sailors so a pirate would work. It could cause stagnant "Cannonballs" of water to fall from the sky which poison/debuff enemies while causing AOE damage and possibly knock back. One thing it could also do as an ultimate attack is turn into a deep sea abomination and destroy the area like the Werebat does.

I have a multi paged proposal for the Ghoul as a Pirate. I would share it with you...but then i'd have to eat you. ;);)

My pirate-ghoul wields a barnacle encrusted oar and rides an ethereal ship into battle

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a dark healer type among the dead class. I always liked playing the healer, centered and protected by my party as I worked to keep them alive while they laid waste to whatever dared to challenge us.

Last edited:
I'd like a blob like form to keep it gruesome but something humanoid could work, even the special I mentioned where it becomes a golem of bones with the slime resting inside it could be it's natural form. It would certainly make moving simpler as I'm conflicted on how it should do that in a blob form.

Dragging itself as it slides it's mass of bones and blood like a slug sounds in keeping with the grotesque look, but no one wants to move like that all the time. At the moment the best I've come up with is it extends the various leg bones of the people that make it up, held together with residue from the slim while lifting and moving the blob around like a spider.

Finally figured out how the slime monster can move as a blob. I figured it out after rewatching Ghostbusters, you know where I'm going with this. The slime levitates off the ground, AN EVIL SLIMER!

Deadhaus is the house of the Dead - so they should be Dead, but don't worry there will be other houses. :)

I can't believe I missed this before, there will be more types of monsters to play down the line. This game is sounding more and more like Yggdrasil, from the Overlord anime, and I'm loving it.