I'm re-reading sorta a lot of Wheel of Time recently for one reason or another...and it occurred to me how cool a lot of those character's kinda setups in those series would be as video game sorta characters.

For instance the main character is like kind of battlemage/fighter something, and then one guy is like a strategist/berserker almost with shapeshifting abilities and stuff like that.

I don't know who else has read it all but yeah one that comes to mind that I would want to play is an archer of some sort like Birgitte who is of course just like an archer in any media sorta...

..However I'm pretty sure she also had some unique quirks like extreme accuracy, sort of like the Gungnir in Viking mythology which by the way has everyone seen Ancient Aliens on History channel? WOW that is some really crazy stuff.

Anyway they mentioned that's one of the properties of the Gungnir is it always hit it's target, and I guess sort of like WoT Birgitte it's that mixed with just being a plain archer with arrows and stuff.

I guess there's a lot more to flesh out, like since everyone's dead I guess it'd have to be an undead archer, maybe with nightvision? I don't know something like that.

Reactions: Iain Stenhouse
I'm re-reading sorta a lot of Wheel of Time recently for one reason or another...and it occurred to me how cool a lot of those character's kinda setups in those series would be as video game sorta characters.

We were just discussing Wheel of Time at Apocalypse the other day! I know quite a few of us are fans of the series. You have a good point, their character design is very interesting.

I'm trying to imagine what a "Gothic Horror Bioengineer" would look like :D

Could be pretty cool and unique tho. Let's get Lord Ch'sebur'gah on that one

I haven't played the previous game so I am not really sure where I am stepping over here, but from an A-RPG perspective I would like to see classes that:

- Manipulates life and death (I don't want to use the word you are thinking about but yes that kind of character)
- Ranged classes which bases it's damage on Magic Damage, and then another class with Physical Damage
- A class that is able to provide shield / protection to himself and the team
- Werewolf, Vampire, Dragonborn, Minotaur, Gryphon, the Death, those sorts of classical terror characters

Cheers!

Hi! I'm late too in the discussion but I would like to give my ideas on the matter.

Instead of just making a ghost, do a Banshee, they are fearsome and are well known around the world.

Also, not an idea for a class, but if there are dragons in the game's world, consider making a dracolich as part of a quest or some event where toi could unleash the wrath of this supreme undead on the livings :D

Also, look at the complete undead bestiary of D&D, there's a lot of entries that can give some inspiration for the future ;)

Reactions: derula
I have seen a few mentions of gargoyles here and think they could really fit in this game. They are not really traditional undead but not really living either. Most depictions of them are usually as stone statues that are given life by evil spirits or demons.

Not allot of lore has been shown of the game yet so im mostly just brainstorming on how they could be done. But as a example let's say a dark God or multiple gods in the games universe make there own gargoyles to serve them and the purpose in the world, like a twisted variation of a avatar. so there could be different types deity selection that can be chosen during charcter creation for the class.

Each have different abilities and skills with the common method of using the powers being a resource like "renown". Renown being this class mp resource gained by doing things the God would like, and in turn giving the gargoyle more power to draw from.

for instance a god of murder would like when you desecrate a enemy by ripping off there head or heart, while one God might be partial to fire and would like burning a enemy alive or impaling them with a burning weapon. This would act similar to how a vampire would suck blood to power their resources.

Ghoul/Zombie/Revenant - Tank/Melee DPS
Vampire - Stealth Crowd Control/ DPS
Lich - Melee DPS/ DPS Caster
Banshee - Caster/Crowd Control

I think it would be interesting to have a relationship between the powers of the characters and the abilities to recharge them, so that each class needs something different to recharge and each class may not have the same goal during a fight and get in each others way without cooperation.

Ghouls - need flesh
Vampire - need living blood
Lich - need spirit/soul energy
Banshee - needs living fear/terror

Ghouls have weakest abilities but can easily recharge after/during a fight by consuming corpses of dead or a special attack on living enemies always available before, during and after combat.
Vampires need living blood, can consume during slow portions of combat by stunning enemies or after fight from downed enemies that aren't dead can't consume anything from dead enemies after fight.
Lich consumes spirit/souls from living enemies, very slow to consume can only be done from stunned enemies out of combat or on downed enemies after fight.
Banshee - consumes fear, easy to get at beginning of fight from large amount of living enemies hard to get after fights when everything is dead, can consume from multiple enemies at once but is less available as the combat progresses.

I would love the following classes to be considered besides Vampires:
1. Death - Grim Reaper (Who wouldn't want to be Death himself?)
2. Zombie or Ogre/Troll
3. Mummy or Skeleton
4. Werewolf
5. Cyclops
6. Hybrid/Chimera
7. Sea/Swamp Monster

I think what is crucial though that each class not only plays different, but looks different from each other as well. It will be a tough balancing acts because with more classes comes with less uniqueness at a certain point.

• Informative
Reactions: Denis Dyack
Ever play Overlord?

Basically you're brought back from the dead as the new villain that takes the place of the old one, commanding the hordes of goblins that live to serve the most evil thing in the land (I know I'm also describing Minions, but Overlord came first). Your character is no push over but you main strength is in commanding a horde of different types of goblins who swarm everything you direct them at, as well looting an area and bringing it all directly to you. That mechanic of directing a horde is not something I've seen outside of that series and I think it could work here.

It doesn't need to be the same anywhere else, just a character with that mechanic is what I'm suggesting and that's all.

Ever play Overlord?

Basically you're brought back from the dead as the new villain that takes the place of the old one, commanding the hordes of goblins that live to serve the most evil thing in the land (I know I'm also describing Minions, but Overlord came first). Your character is no push over but you main strength is in commanding a horde of different types of goblins who swarm everything you direct them at, as well looting an area and bringing it all directly to you. That mechanic of directing a horde is not something I've seen outside of that series and I think it could work here.

It doesn't need to be the same anywhere else, just a character with that mechanic is what I'm suggesting and that's all.

Necromancer class could work?

Reactions: Livin
Necromancer class could work?

Necromancer could work, raising different undead types. It could even be an insectoid creature that controls various swarm of insects.

• Happy
Oooooh I like that!

Thanks, though for clarification do these classes need to be undead or just inhuman?

Edit
For some undead suggestions

mad scientist that Frankensteined themselves

Slime monster made from the blood and juices of the dead

A spirit that is twisted by the torturous way they died and existing only to share their pain, think something from 13 Ghosts

Last edited:
Hm, Vampires/Revenants/Ghouls are all undead, sort of like three sides of a coin (...what? never seen a four-dimensional coin?), a bit like so:

Vampires: upper-class, drink blood, sleep in their coffins
Revenants: middle-class, drink blood or eat flesh, sleep in their graves
Ghouls: lower-class, eat flesh, live on the graveyard

Not sure how I missed this early post - it is great @derula . This fourth dimension is indeed already in Deadhaus. We have:
  • Burdened - created by affliction
  • Composed - Composed are undead created from dead beings
  • Returned - Otherwise known as spirits, are created when The Arcana fuses with the soul
  • Risen - The Risen are undead created from sheer will.
Ever play Overlord?

Yes, love this game.

Thanks, though for clarification do these classes need to be undead or just inhuman?

Edit
For some undead suggestions

mad scientist that Frankensteined themselves

Slime monster made from the blood and juices of the dead

A spirit that is twisted by the torturous way they died and existing only to share their pain, think something from 13 Ghosts

Deadhaus is the house of the Dead - so they should be Dead, but don't worry there will be other houses. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Livin