Acwhammy

Decayed
Havoc And Malice
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Old World
Harbinger
Jun 5, 2021
I'm currently considering which founders pack I would like to buy and would like to know exactly what types of items I would be able to purchase with platinum. What does Apocalypse Studios consider cosmetic vs non-cosmetic? I realize weapon and armor skins and pets that follow your character around are cosmetic. I'm wondering if there will be any practical account upgrades that are not considered pay to win that would be available for purchase. For example, Path of Exile has additional storage tabs for each type of item.

I absolutely love the idea that Apocalypse is not creating a pay to win system, but I also have very little interest in cosmetics and I'm wondering if purchasing a founders pack that by and large mainly offers more platinum would suit my interests. Can someone please tell me the items or types of items that would be purchasable with platinum? Thank you!
AC

Solution
I'm currently considering which founders pack I would like to buy and would like to know exactly what types of items I would be able to purchase with platinum. What does Apocalypse Studios consider cosmetic vs non-cosmetic? I realize weapon and armor skins and pets that follow your character around are cosmetic. I'm wondering if there will be any practical account upgrades that are not considered pay to win that would be available for purchase. For example, Path of Exile has additional storage tabs for each type of item.

I absolutely love the idea that Apocalypse is not creating a pay to win system, but I also have very little interest in cosmetics and I'm wondering if purchasing a founders pack that by and large mainly offers more...
Hi Denis has said on many occasions that he hates pay to win in all its forms we asked once about inventory slots and he straight up said no thats pay to win

I absolutely love the idea that Apocalypse is not creating a pay to win system, but I also have very little interest in cosmetics and I'm wondering if purchasing a founders pack that by and large mainly offers more platinum would suit my interests. Can someone please tell me the items or types of items that would be purchasable with platinum? Thank you!
AC
The founder's packs get you exclusive cosmetics. Once we open the store, platinum will allow you to purchase things that change the look and appearance and other things (that don't affect gameplay). Anything gameplay-related is earned through experience in playing the game. We are incorporating a double paper doll system, where the cosmetics are separate from the items you equip. So you can look however you want, regardless of the items you have collected in the game. I hope this makes sense. Also, look for Deadhaus Sonata to explore cosmetics from a Meta Gaming (outside of the game) perspective.

Solution
Awesome thanks Mr. Dyack. I really appreciate the time and dedication you have spent being involved with the community.

Reactions: Denis Dyack
Awesome thanks Mr. Dyack. I really appreciate the time and dedication you have spent being involved with the community.
My pleasure, we love interacting with the community, and we feel it is our obligation to do so as it helps make the game the best it can be.