Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
I just got a couple questions regarding the Wights.

1) Since they are the inventions of humanity and made to fight the undead, will we be facing off against those that have yet to have their awakening?

2) If we do fight human made wights then will there be a distinguishable difference between them and those controlled by players?

- I'm of the opinion that the humans would keep the wights looking as human as possible while the player controlled wights don't and those same restrictions being maintained for wights that people initially create, particularly if their story starts as a newly awakened.

Well, to be fair not all undead are part of deadhaus and even within the house there is still strife so I would imagine we would see not only wights as enemies but all kinds of other undead as well.

Yeah, I expect that we will fight some types of powerful undead that are not part of Deadhaus. There needs to be a threat to your characters that are powerful. The living will have some elite troops and possible magic users, but those won't be the largest threats in the world.

As to fighting Wights, in particular, I can imagine we could fight some of the human-made ones. Or the ones that did not join Deadhaus could be protecting certain areas. But they should not be easily confused with player-controlled versions because there is no PvP in the beginning and I don't think PvP will be in the open world as random encounters.

I just got a couple questions regarding the Wights.

1) Since they are the inventions of humanity and made to fight the undead, will we be facing off against those that have yet to have their awakening?

2) If we do fight human made wights then will there be a distinguishable difference between them and those controlled by players?

- I'm of the opinion that the humans would keep the wights looking as human as possible while the player controlled wights don't and those same restrictions being maintained for wights that people initially create, particularly if their story starts as a newly awakened.
1) 99.9999% sure we will fight against human controlled wights
2) a wight is a wight... the controller of an unawakened wight would fit it however it wants. IMHO - I don't think there should be any discernable difference that, to me, takes away from the immersion.

i could understand the plausibility of restricted resources, but i'd doubt they would try to keep them looking as human as possible.
from the class description : "A wight sent to the frontlines could be grafted with heavy armor plating to absorb blows intended for the living. If city walls needed defending, a Wight’s arm could be replaced with a gunpowder device that its other arm could fire and reload. So long as the material wasn’t silver, a Wight could be fitted with a myriad of tools, weapons, and apparatus."

infused heavy armor, gun arms. and other tools and weapons. i'm sure that the stronger or more elite amongst those that control unawakened wights would have better access to resources and thus more monstrous and more deadly wights.

Reactions: Livin