Danteu

Ripe
Feb 9, 2021
I do hope RNG will exist for combat to some extent, some randomness to PvP is a good thing but an even better thing for PVE content. Getting lucky with RNG dodges or parries in a crucial moment is what creates memories. Imagine being a rogue in WoW popping evasion and tanking the last % of a bosses health and getting lucky once it the ability goes on CD and still getting lucky with dodging and landing the killing blow while your party is dead. These are super memorable even a decade later. Games need more fun RNG that can sway the tide of a battle towards the players to score a victory.

I think having RNG modifiers for attacks be it glancing blows,misses or critical hits makes combat feel more engaging. I think having a hidden modifier for when you miss to increase your next critical strike damage but it's not 100% guaranteed, meaning you could stack a crit modifier a few times and unleash a huge crit. It would feel really good and give players big hits to look forward to without exactly knowing what causes them. You could think of it like landing a vital blow on an artery or something. This gives the illusion of feeling powerful in a game but it's all done by hidden variables that you have no control over.

I truly believe good RNG can exist that doesn't ruin the game for users and can enhance the experience and make players feel powerful.

Last edited: