Ashen_Ring
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Harbinger
Mar 28, 2019
Played the combat demo for about 30 minutes and here are a few thoughts.

The demo runs, looks and sounds good for the most part. Love the character models and the environment. The only thing that is rough graphically is the enemy movement, attack and getting struck animations that are still pretty rough. The attack animations in particular could use a little bit longer wind-up and faster executing of the attack itself.

Dance Macabre is okay for the most part, looks pretty visually impressive and there are a variety of attacks that seem to be executed completely at random. Honestly I would like to see more mechanical depth from the combat system.

The mace attack, not sure what its name is actually, felt very very stiff to the point of being unusable in actual combat. It doesn't only lock you in place but also facing one direction both of which combined feel really bad.

Exsanguinate seemed a bit weak until I realized you could hold the button for increased effect.

Mist form - I like the idea of the dual functionality of the skill as a dash and to shift to a different form. Still it is very sensitive and holding it just a little bit longer causes the shift to mist form unintentionally which doesn't feel good when you try to dodge. The dodge itself should cancel out of attack animations or at least the post-attack wind-down of the animation should be shortened dramatically for the dodge to be useful in combat.

The trinary system is very roughly implemented at the moment and there isn't much to do in mist and essential form. I am currently thinking of it as a placeholder for something better.

I like the blood lust system on paper but in its current form it is pretty basic and almost unusable because of how fast the player health drains on it's own.

The tarot system is not really in the game yet but I liked the video explaining its latest iteration.

Various stuff about the combat in general. Not sure if it is intentional or not but currently it seems that the enemies forget to guard and to attack after they have been attacked a few times. I would like them also run a lot faster and attack more often. The enemy damage seems to be very high but they can take a long beating while being stunned the whole time which doesn't really feel that good - it doesn't provide challenge but at the same time slows down the combat significantly. I would also like to see the ability to jump and possibly attack enemies from the air or even knock them up and juggle them in the air.

I really like the improvements from the initial version of the tech demo and cannot wait for the future versions!

Did not get much time to play today but the biggest thing I have noticed is input delay and over movement during the non material phases, takes a moment for the game to read movement input and when I tap a direction he moves more than a few feet.

Last edited:
i agree on the mace attack. i cycled through the trinary systems, pretty cool stuff.

going to play with running around and evading the groups so i can get past about half full on the bloodlust etc...

Reactions: Skorcher