Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019
1594238151733.png

Cthulhu Wars Phaseless is an adaptation of the core Cthulhu Wars tabletop game by Petersen Games.

Phaseless has the objective of creating a more dynamic gameplay without pauses for gathering power, counting doom points or performing rituals.

All features are kept, and minimal features are added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hey everyone,

Having played quite a few matches of Cthulhu Wars on Tabletop Simulator, I have noticed that people complained or identified some "core issues". The biggest of them is an intrinsic part of the gameplay: the most efficient strategy in the game is removing other people's capacity to play and react by either getting more Power than them, or removing their own Power.
While the game is brutal and rewards proper execution and sound strategies like that, it also makes people frustrated that a single bad action can hinder their entire match to the point of no return.

Watching what Sandy Petersen, the game's creator, did with Hyperspace (the game next in line), I decided to take upon myself to make a few changes to the core rules in Cthulhu Wars to try and improve its flow, and make it more noob-friendly and, especially, more dynamic. So I have written an adaptation of the core rules.

However, anything of this level requires extensive testing. I have not had the time nor the opportunity to gather players to test the system. I decided to make it available here so everyone who is interested may try it out and share their observations, so that it may be improved.

I have created 4 main variants, but I was only satisfied with this one. Some expansions, such as Neutral Monsters, Terrors and Independent Great Old Ones have not been adjusted for now--I decided to test the core factions first. I have also not prepared a 2-player rules section. You can play against yourself by controlling three or more factions, but you need to know the game's core rules quite well for that.

Please leave your impressions below, if and when you get to test it yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES:

Attachments

• 1594238088941.png
    1594238088941.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: